Come to Steamboat and give our guests the MOST MEMORABLE vacation of their lives!
We are a luxury property manager with a unique niche - offering a VIP Catering package that include a private vehicle/driver and Personal Chef for a small group of guests. We opened Moving Mountains in Steamboat 25 years ago. We are now operating in Breckenridge, Vail, and Beaver Creek.
Steamboat Springs is located in northwest Colorado, about 3.5hr from Denver and 1.5hr north of Breckenridge and the Vail Valley. Our commercial kitchen is attached to our house up on the mountain.
About Moving Mountains
Moving Mountains is a family owned and locally operated company, established in 1997, that has carved out a niche for high-touch memorable vacation experiences in exceptional mountain homes. Our brand is built around pillars of trust and integrity and exceptional guest experiences. The company is a market leader in luxury vacation rental management managing almost 200 exceptional properties in the Colorado mountain destinations of Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, and now Breckenridge. The company is on a strong growth track and is seeking opportunities for expansion in other areas of North America building on the success of many years of operations. The result is a fast paced dynamic and variable work flow which is dependent on the business climate and opportunities available. The company leaders, Robin & Heather Craigen are creative and experienced entrepreneurs with an unconventional style that has served them well in the hospitality industry.
In 2019 Moving Mountains received an honorable mention being in the top 50 - 100 places to work in the USA as determined by the Outside Magazine Best Places to Work Employees Survey.
The Employee Experience
The Moving Mountains Culture is not something we wrote and framed on the wall. We live it every day! We are passionate about what we do and hope that you see our values and code in how our team of staff prepare, and help with every aspect of your vacation experience.
Every challenge is an opportunity
Deliver WOW whenever possible
Mistakes are inevitable. Dissatisfied customers are not.
It’s the little things that mean so much
OUR CODE: P-L-A-I-T
[noun: plait; flexible material made up of three or more interlaced strands]
P - Don’t take it Personally
L - Leverage our collective genius
A - Don’t make Assumptions
I - Act with Integrity
T – Trust your team
Do these things excite you?
- Build and maintain relationships with guests
- Organize and prioritize tasks and deadlines
- Work in team environment
- Drive in hazardous winter conditions on mountainous roads
- Present ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner
- Personable and able to deal with variety of personality types
- Flexible working hours and ability to work on weekends
- Able to work autonomously but also as a team player
- Positive attitude to solving problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and a dedication meet deadlines required
- Willing to go above and beyond and do more
- Experience in hospitality, food service, customer service
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Able to learn all aspects of housekeeping in a resort environment.
- Ability to use the following communication tools
Room and Board
We have a 2-Bedroom Staff Apartment available (first come first serve) which is beside the Commercial Kitchen that is available to the seasonal staff.
The rent will be based on which room and whether single or double occupancy per room - ranging between $250-$500 per month.
Steamboat Springs is a city in northern Colorado’s Yampa Valley. It’s home to the Howelsen Hill ski area and the Steamboat ski resort. The latter has 6 peaks including Mount Werner. The city’s geothermal hot springs are said to have therapeutic properties. Near the city center, the long-standing Old Town Hot Springs is equipped with swimming and soaking pools, plus water slides