Live, Work, Explore in Mount Rushmore as a Parking Attendant!
Unique experience for outdoor adventures, sightseeing, and opportunities to soak up the history!
- Keystone, South Dakota
- $13.20 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Now Hiring for our Summer 2023 Parking Team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial!
Are you enthusiastic about being welcoming and the first point of contact for guests? Do you like working outdoors? By assisting our guests in a kind and courteous manner as they enter and self-park at the iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial, you will be a key piece in creating a positive first impression at one of the most visited destinations of America’s history.
Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore some of the most beautiful places on Earth!
$300 travel stipend available for full-time employees starting between August 1st and September 15th! Employee must work a minimum of 60 days and an average of 40 hours/week to qualify. Will be paid on first paycheck. Fall 2023 seasonal contracts only.
Dates: Starts immediately and extends until October 30th, 2023
- Affordable employee meals & housing
- 50% Discount on Xanterra Lodging
- 30% Discount in the Gift Shop
- 20% Discount in the Restaurant
- 15% Verizon Service/Products Discount
- Black Hills VIP Training Pass Discounts for local attractions
- $350 Referral Bonus
- Attendants do NOT provide valet service but assist and direct visitors in a courteous and knowledgeable manner acting as the first contact with visitors as they arrive to the Memorial.
- Responsible for issued bank including accuracy and security.
- Operate fee computer or cash register, maintain accurate entries, charges, change, and deposits.
- Assist customers with the pay-on-foot stations.
- Maintain cleanliness of parking grounds by performing housekeeping and trash pick-up duties.
- Direct traffic within the parking facility and act as crossing guard for pedestrian walkways as assigned.
- Snow removal duties as required, including: shoveling walkways, sanding and salting walkways.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six months of previous cash handling experience.
- Six months of previous experience working outdoors preferred.
- Public contact/customer service experience with a willingness to courteously interact with a broad cross-section of customers in a high-volume seasonal parking operation.
- Ability to properly handle and secure cash and credit cards, basic math skill, and ability to make change.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining guidelines set by supervisor.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to shovel and salt walkways.
- Ability to stand/walk continuously for eight to ten hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver's License preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
How to Apply
Click "Apply Now" to submit your application today!