Outdoor adventures while building your career! Sous Chef - Paradise Inn for Summer 2023! $23.00 p/hr
Ancient forests, alpine meadows, waterfalls, and a volcano!
- Paradise, Washington
- $23.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 09, 2024)
The Sous Chef is the conductor of the kitchen and must have excellent verbal communication with Chefs, Cooks, FOH Management, Servers, & guests. The Sous Chef must be able to keep calm and organized under the everyday stresses of a full service restaurant. Ability to adapt in the moment and attention to detail is a must as they are accountable for food quality and plate presentations being consistent and executed particularly in the absence of Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef. The Sous Chef can manage ticket times and support cooks effectively by proactively and politely communicating with both kitchen and servers. They must be a working Sous Chef able to balance ordering, inventories, line work, schedules, food safety and prep on a daily basis.
- Adhere to Rainier Guest Services attitude and & image standards.
- Present a positive attitude and be a team player. They are courteous, professional, and respectful of all coworkers and guests. Exhibits and extends a warm "guest comes first" mindset of hospitality.
- Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all culinary tasks daily particularly in the absence of a Chef de Cuisine or Executive Chef.
- Conduct, attend, and implement pre-shift meetings and drive shift excellence with specific attention to opportunities of service improvements on a daily basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance and rotation of food products and inventories. Takes pride in the overall autistics, visual presentation, and quality of food presented on each plate and every food service/wares station within the operation.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm cool and collected under the pressures of a high volume quick service food operation.
- Ability to identify, report (create work orders), and follow up on maintenance needs particular to operations.
- Assist in training and supervisionof staff on safety and procedures including recipes and plate presentation
- Ensure that entire department adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
- Assist in maintenance of department records such as schedules, food safety inspection logs, and receiving invoices
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma strongly preferred
- Two years culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification
- Possess strong knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare items “from scratch” and follow recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Employee Housing
- Meal Plans
- Employee Recreation Program
- Free Access to the National Park
- Shuttle services
- Centrally located
- Opportunities to continue with the company at various locations across the country
- Discounts at all of our properties and adventures within the organization
- Expand your resume
- Over 200 trails packed full of waterfalls, vistas and wildlife to explore
Full-Time Seasonal / Non-Exempt / $23.00 per hour
How to Apply
Click on Apply Now!