Starting at $18+ - Are you ready for an amazing experience on Mt. Rainier?! Join our team!
Mountain views, waterfalls, wild flowers, and more! An outdoor lovers dream!
- Ashford, Washington
- $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mount Rainier is an iconic point in the Washington landscape. Our associates gain valuable experience here while meeting guests and coworkers from around the world, and in their free time they have a magical world of pristine mountain meadows, majestic waterfalls, peaceful old-growth forests, and much more to explore!
Throughout the season we have regularly scheduled activities and day trips with transportation provided for associates, including trips to nearby adventures or cities like Seattle to visit Pike Place or catch a Mariners game! Employees with vehicles are only a short 2-hour trip away from exploring many destinations like Portland and Seattle on their own.
Because of our unique location, room and board are provided to associates who do not live in one of our surrounding communities at a very low-cost via payroll deduction. Laundry facilities are provided at each dorm unit at no cost to employees. Employee meals are served in Employee Dining Rooms. We can also accommodate a limited number of RV units. All RV's must be fully self-contained - no camper shells/vans, etc.
Do you naturally reach out to help others, including guests and co-workers? Are you excited by the opportunity to live in a remote and beautiful location? Are you willing and able to work hard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Paid Sick Time
Fall & Winter Positions Available
Line Cook - National Park Inn - Seasonal - $20.00
At several kitchen stations, prepare, cook, and serve food in a three meals per day Dining Room that are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment and appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Operate several food stations, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances based on estimates of future needs
- Adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to competently cook at several kitchen stations; able to complete all Cook 3 tasks with ease and accuracy
- Six months culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare many items “from scratch” and follow recipes
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.