Resort Workers Needed - Mt. Rainier National Park! Immediate start dates $16.00+ housing available!
Incredible mountain views, amazing wild life, & opportunities to hike, fish, and more!
- Ashford, Washington
- $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 15, 2023)
Ascending to 14,410 feet above sea level, Mt. Rainier is an iconic point in the Washington landscape. Our associates gain valuable experience here while meeting guests and coworkers from around the world, and in their free time they have a magical world of pristine mountain meadows, majestic waterfalls, peaceful old-growth forests, and much more to explore!
Throughout the season we have regularly scheduled activities and day trips with transportation provided for associates, including trips to nearby adventures or cities like Seattle to visit Pike Place or catch a Mariners game! Employees with vehicles are only a short 2-hour trip away from exploring many destinations like Portland and Seattle on their own.
Because of our unique location, room and board are provided to associates who do not live in one of our surrounding communities at a very low-cost via payroll deduction. Laundry facilities are provided at each dorm unit at no cost to employees. Employee meals are served in Employee Dining Rooms. We can also accommodate a limited number of RV units. All RV's must be fully self-contained - no camper shells/vans, etc.
Do you naturally reach out to help others, including guests and co-workers? Are you excited by the opportunity to live in a remote and beautiful location? Are you willing and able to work hard? If so, we want to hear from you!
Fall & Winter Positions
Resort Worker - Mt. Rainier National Park
A cross functional position which can be assigned various specific job accountabilities within the Housekeeping, Dining Room, Kitchen, Retail or Lodge operations. Public contact positions require an adequate understanding and ability to communicate in English with customers.
- Utilizes and promotes the spirit and intent of Guest Services Hospitality Standards in the day to day interaction with guests, customers, and internal staff.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Will need to be able to lift and carry for short distances, up to 35 pounds on a regular basis depending on assignment.
- Capable of vacuuming, making beds, dusting, sweeping, mopping and cleaning bathrooms.
- Ability to stock supply closets, carts and retail stores if needed.
- Participate in full-code inventories.
- Responsible for proper and safe operation of various equipment including dish machine operation, laundry washers and dryers.
- Responsible to assist in the Mt. Rainier recycling program by sorting and proper placement of recyclable material.
- Assist and supports other staff members in accomplishing key job accountabilities.
Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must have time management and organizational skills
Willing to be cross trained in all areas of the workplace
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Frequent movements from place to place within the unit with flights of stairs.
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms, and hands above shoulder height very frequently.
- Lift, carry, and push up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension.
- Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather as well as live and work at an altitude up to 6,500 ft.
- Good physical energy, stamina and agility.
- Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.