Hiring Now! Come join our team as General Manager for our Historic Paradise Inn! $32.00 p/hr
Great hiking trails, wildflowers, water falls
- Paradise, Washington
- $32.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 03, 2023)
The General Manager is responsible for the direction of hotel staff, provide excellence in all hotel operations, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, organization, cost control, and sales. Maintain control of all areas of the hotel, including rooms, food service, and retail. This is a hands-on position in order to lead and inspire managers and employees daily. The General Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
- Monitor, problem solve, and direct supervisors and employees to ensure efficient and safe completion of all daily tasks.
- Train, on-board, and schedule staff; manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of inspections, inventories, staff evaluations, etc.
- Conduct regular pre-shift meetings with supervisors and front-line associates ensuring clear and direct communication for the shift.
- Attend and participate in Safety & Environmental meetings and National Park
- Manage payroll and applicable site-specific budget.
- Maintain operation records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports.
- Ensure that cash controls standards are met in cash handling and safe accountability ensuring accuracy, organization and security.
- Ensure health and sanitation guidelines are followed and standards are consistently met in F & B units.
- Ensure strong attention in food presentation, portion controls, and quality of
- Work closely with the retail merchandiser to ensure stock levels are consistently met through-out the operations ensuring availability in product and ease of shopping with strong attention to merchandizing programs.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and well-organized operation.
- Communicate and interact regularly and professionally with numerous people including Guest Services administrative staff and National Park Service representatives to ensure efficient operation of hotel.
- Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and ensure compliance with established budget.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Act as Company’s point of contact with client. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues and report them immediately to your manager.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; management or related college degree strongly preferred
- Two years restaurant and hotel experience required
- National park hotel operations experience strongly preferred
- Able to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Possess ServSafe Manager and MAST/TIPS certifications
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.