Hiring now! $18.00 p/hr. - Affordable Housing -Eligible for End of Season Bonus!
Ancient forests, alpine meadows, waterfalls, and a volcano!
- Ashford, Washington
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Provide guidance to less experienced cooks and prep cooks
- Adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to performing job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.