Free housing - end of season bonus! - Majestic Mount Rainier - Hiring Right Away!
Live and work in beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park
- Ashford, Washington and Paradise, Washington
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Prepare, cook, and serve food in Dining Room serving three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) at a high level of competence that are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment and appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Operate all food stations, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances based on estimates of future needs
- Provide guidance to less experienced cooks and prep cooks
- Adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma preferred
- Strong knowledge of and ability to competently cook at all kitchen stations; able to complete all Cook 2 tasks with ease and accuracy
- Beginner to several years of culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred (Recruiting team will discuss cook levels with applicants)
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe or Washington Food Handler certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess strong knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare items “from scratch” and follow recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to submit your application