Free housing - end of season bonus! - Majestic Mount Rainier - Hiring Right away
Beautiful landscapes and wildflowers, great hiking - end of summer bonus!
- Paradise, Washington
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Dining Room Manager/MOD is responsible for all aspects of the Dining Room operations and day-to-day floor management of a busy 200 seat three meals per day restaurant, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. Control and manage all aspects of the restaurant operation to maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, and product presentation. Supervise Assistant Dining Room Manager, Servers, Bussers, Hosts, and Bartender to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner. The Dining Room Manager also works towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position.
- Oversee meal shifts and ensure guest satisfaction within the unit.
- Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit’s operations. Assist in planning and developing daily operations. Assists in scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Schedule daily work assignments for all dining room personnel, assigning specific jobs and spot checking to ensure standards are met.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, onboarding, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the dining room staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of dining room area and wait stations, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, employee hygiene, enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts. Notify the General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, tips, and daily cash reports.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform opening and/or closing management procedures.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including Food & Beverage Manager, Chefs, and cooks to ensure safe, professional, and efficient food service.
- Attend and participate in management and safety meetings.
- Under the guidance of Food & Beverage Manager, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup/teardown Dining Room.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED, equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in related management required.
- National Park experience strongly preferred; six months restaurant management experience strongly preferred.
- Food Safety certification required. Demonstration of knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
- Alcohol service TIPS or Mast certification required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Basic computer knowledge & ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and food service POS systems.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link below.