Spend the summer at beautiful Paradise Inn - Mt. Rainier
Great hiking trails, beautiful wildflowers
- Paradise, Washington
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Holds responsibility for accuracy of cash reserves, including full accountability for safe with operating funds, and initial accounting clerk functions at Paradise Inn. Provide excellent service to staff to enable them to promptly and accurate serve hotel guests. Complete multiple reports including cash, sales, over-rings, credit cards, etc. maintain office supplies, distribute employee and company mail, and train staff on cash handling and report completion. Fills in for Night auditor.
- Assist guests and employees through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing tasks
- Provide administrative, reception, and program support to management, staff, and guests
- Check daily cash reports for completeness and accuracy; Verify readings, credit cards, checks, guest folios, etc.
- Train and assist cashiers, department leads, and others on daily cash reports, cash drops, cash handling, etc.
- Monitor and maintain accurate accounting of company safe and all monies
- Maintain appropriate supply of office supplies and forms
- Accurately complete required reports on a daily basis
- Resolve guest concerns and complaints within scope of authority; refer to management as appropriate
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Works overnight to fill in for Night auditor’s days off.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; bachelor degree preferred
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. regularly, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to sit for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write work-related documents in English
- Strong level of knowledge and comfort with Windows operating system and MS Office software required
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job dutie
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner), cash register and credit card terminal
- POS/PMS systems
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and submit an online application