Looking for a hardworking person to supervise our summer laundry and warehouse operations!
Just 5 minutes from Mt. Rainier National Park!
- Ashford, Washington
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2020)
Under the guidance of the Procurement and Distribution Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor performs daily supervisory functions for the warehouse and laundry teams throughout workday while also performing same tasks as team members. The Warehouse Supervisor trains and develops team members on procedures and tasks, communicates effectively and regularly with the Retail & Buying Manager and Warehouse Manager, and holds primary responsibility for processes that control warehouse inventory (including counting, processing, data entry, and distribution).
- Provide daily guidance to workers to maintain efficient and safe completion of daily tasks
- Monitor arrival, process, and distribute all retail merchandise, hotel supplies and linens and food supplies to and from warehouse
- Assist in retail data base maintenance (ticket, handle, and pack merchandise)
- Complete reports related to damages/shortages, returned merchandise, etc.
- Assist in store set up and tear down at season beginning and end, product merchandising, and inventories as needed
- Supervise and assist in the daily tasks of the laundry department including the safe operation of commercial laundry equipment, sorting and folding laundry, while following established safe handling procedures for linens potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens
- Supervise the cleaning of the main office including restrooms, breakroom, vacuuming, removal of trash and recycling
- Ensure that all areas of warehouse and laundry room are organized and clean
- Performs other duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Previous warehouse, laundry, and/or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- General Windows-based computer use; knowledge of retail POS system preferred
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail required
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; some college preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly and effectively communicate issues and progress to supervisors as well as receive and implement verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of vendors, drivers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by same in English.
- Frequent moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment. Ability to stand for the entire workday
- Lift, carry, and push up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Climb steps and ladders regularly, must be comfortable working at heights
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in, laundry area (heat), and warehouse
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to travel between different units within the park in carrying weather
- Dolly, rolling cart, hand truck, pallet jack
- Commercial laundry equipment
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, latex and rubber gloves, rubber boots, apron
How to Apply
Please apply online.