We offer our team members an inclusive, rewarding, fun, work environment, with endless opportunity
Moonlight Basin sits at the base of Lone Peak Mountain on 8000 acers of pristine wilderness
- Big Sky, Montana
- $15.00 - $17.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
At Moonlight Basin our Mantra is Motivation, Opportunity, Organization, Leadership, Integrity, and Teamwork. We offer our “changemakers” an inclusive, rewarding, fun, work environment, with endless opportunity to provide the highest levels of service and experience positive teamwork.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget! The mountain scenery, direct access to the finest downhill skiing that Big Sky Resort has to offer, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hiking, golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and the perfect place to enjoy Montana.
At Moonlight Basin we strive for nothing but the very best quality of amenities, facilities, recreation, food, beverage, and top-notch service to all our owners, members, and guests.
Summer season starts May 26 and ends September 30, 2023
The bartender prepares and servers beverages for servers and guests in a speedy, efficient, friendly, and professional manner. The bartender is responsible for providing exceptional customer service, while striving for the highest of standards to provide members and their family and guests with a memorable experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepare all drinks to Moonlight Basin standards and specifications for the customers and servers.
- Connect with guests, by being charming, friendly, and diplomatic, but professional.
- Continually create emotional attachments with each guest encounter and guarantee welcoming environment.
- Ensure that the proper materials and supplies are on hand.
- Ensure that minors and intoxicated persons are not served alcoholic beverages.
- Act as the cashier for the servers when necessary.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas throughout and at the end of shift.
- Provide opening and closing inventory of spirits.
- Fill out requisitions and all necessary paperwork at the end of each shift.
- Being courteous and helpful to members, their family and guests, including reporting any member requests or preferences.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of one-year high volume bar experience required.
- Exceptional knowledge of high-end liquors and wine parings.
- Worked in a fine dining establishment for one to two years.
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Reliable and willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed during peak periods.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- End-of-season if you complete the season.
- Employee Appreciation Bonus – based on performance.
- Complimentary meal per shift
- End-of-season employee celebration
- Retail store discount
- Employee housing in Big Sky
- Free transportation to Moonlight from employee housing and Bozeman daily.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Moonlight Basin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.