Working and living at Moonlight Basin is something you won't soon forget! Part Time Line Cook role
Moonlight Basin sits at the base of Lone Peak Mountain on 8000 acers of pristine wilderness.
- Big Sky, Montana
- $16.00 - $22.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
At Moonlight Basin our Mantra is Motivation, Opportunity, Organization, Leadership, Integrity, and Teamwork. We offer our “changemakers” an inclusive, rewarding, fun, work environment, with the opportunity to have a great time while making money.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget! The mountain scenery, hiking, fishing, rafting, golfing and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and the perfect place to enjoy Montana.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available with flexible hours and shifts
Summer Season: starts June 3 and ends September 30, 2023
Our Line Cooks assist the Executive Chef in all culinary operations for Moonlight Basin. The Cook is responsible for preparing the highest quality food products for the restaurant and banquets, according to menu descriptions and directions. Our club restaurants are hand crafted, distinctive and we strive to distinguish our restaurants for warm hospitality and consistent excellence.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Understands the guest expectations related to food quality and presentation and ensures culinary associates strive to meet or exceed expectations and help build guest loyalty.
- Prepare food items for the guests using a quality and pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner.
- Set up workstation based on menu items, banquet event orders and specials, and ensures all stations are ready for the shift.
- Always follow proper sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Keep kitchen work and storage areas clean and always organized.
- Inspect all food products to ensure proper appearance, colors, and appeal.
- Ensure all food is stored in proper containers in refrigerators and freezers, to maintain freshness.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two years previous restaurant cooking experience in high end restaurant preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a high energy and busy environment.
- Ability to read recipes and follow directions.
- Ability to handle knives, pots, pans, and kitchen equipment efficiently and safely such as slicers, grinders, choppers, and mixers.
- Able to demonstrate culinary techniques such as cutting, cooking principles, plate presentations and proper sanitation and safety practices.
- Ability to make sound and rational decisions in performance of duties.
- Must comply with Moonlight Basin's Dress and Grooming policies.
- Reliable and willing to work weekends, and holidays as needed during peak periods.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- End-of-season if you complete the season.
- Complimentary meal per shift
- End-of-season employee celebration
- Retail store discount
- Employee housing in Big Sky
- Free transportation to Moonlight from employee housing and Bozeman daily.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Moonlight Basin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.