Activities Supervisor – Montage Luxury Resort – Deer Valley Park City, UT
Montage is nestled into the mountains where skiing, biking and hiking is just a step outside.
- Park City, Utah
- $16.50 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Nov 17, 2019)
The Activities Supervisor is responsible for performing daily tasks that align with the department’s long term goals and objectives, uphold Montage Deer Valley's Vision, Mission, and Values; supports management and leadership, provides excellent customer service and telephone etiquette, and actively aspires to reach defined goals and objectives.
A summary of the duties include, although are not limited to:
- Ability to teach all guided activities especially mountain biking and hiking.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Deer Valley Ski Resort winter and summer; Park City mining and ski culture history; technical background of outdoor equipment; basic local knowledge of animals/landscapes of the Uinta and Wasatch mountains including overviews of Southern Utah.
- Creating personalized guest interactions; ensuring accuracy of the ski rental process; overseeing arrival and departure of all guest equipment; maintaining proper record keeping; and ensuring that department cleanliness and organization standards are met.
- The Activities Supervisor will be responsible for both the creation and guiding of activities summer and winter.
- Must be willing to show expert teaching techniques for all guided adventures making the guests feel comfortable and successful at all times.
- This person will also assist guests to and from ski slopes, and offer insight on local mountain conditions, weather, ski trails, lift access points and dining options on property and around the mountain.
- This position must become familiar with all services and standards within the hotel.
- Position may perform additional duties as assigned based on business needs that may be outside the scope of normal duties.
- High school or equivalent education required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a hotel operations environment
- Minimum of two years’ experience in customer service and resolving guest concerns in a timely manner
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with guests and vendors
- Must be able to pass all binding indemnification test from all ski manufacturers in skier services
- Have a vast array of knowledge about recreational activities applicable to Park City & skilled experience performing those activities.
Work tasks are performed indoors and outdoors. There is no effective protection from weather. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill ski equipment handling tasks.
In the United States, we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Montage Recruitment Manager at (949) 715-1396 and/or email such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please apply online.