Opening Hotel in Big Sky: All Because of You
Amazing outdoor access and beautiful new hotel
- Big Sky, Montana
- $16.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Nov 15, 2021)
The Montage Big Sky Cook at one of our six outlets will provide and maintain high quality standards and procedures in preparing and serving food while keeping the kitchen clean, safe and a sanitary environment in which to work. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparation of all restaurant foods, hot and cold, that meet specifications, guarantees and pays attention to detail with plate presentation.
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products, sanitation standards, and all policies/ procedures and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques.
- Working as a team and effectively communicating with management, chefs, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or employees
- Ensuring requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area, assist in lowering food cost and waste, properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation, read and expedite computer tickets for service, produce production list to ensure efficient execution of service, conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels and assist Chef, Sous Chef, Cooks, Pantry workers, and Kitchen Helpers as needed in the execution of service.
- The guest experience revolves around the food appearance, quality and overall dining experience.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High school or equivalent education required
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ cooking experience
- Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
- Standalone restaurant experience
- Culinary Degree from an accredited culinary program preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and speak, read, write and understand English
Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more. Ability to physically handle knives, pots, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds to every area of the kitchen or storeroom. Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, buffalo chopper, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment. Ability to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, i.e., cutting, cooking principles, plate presentation, safety and sanitation practices. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 200 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally. Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
How to Apply
Apply online now via the link below.