Mackinac Island named Best Summer Travel Destination by USA Today’s Readers’ Choice Awards
Wake up every morning to beautiful views of Lake Huron on the sunrise side of Mackinac Island
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
THIS IS A FULL-TIME, SEASONAL POSITION FOR THE SUMMER 2023 SEASON (APRIL THROUGH THE END OF OCTOBER)
Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Islands' only full service, casual resort is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Coffee Shops Supervisor. This full time/seasonal position is located on Mackinac Island and offers competitive pay, housing, other perks. The ideal applicant will possess an upbeat attitude, and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment.
The primary role of the Coffee Shops Supervisor is to ensure that the highest standards for customer service, food presentation and safety and sanitation are maintained throughout the outlets. This individual will ensure that guests are given correct food orders in a timely manner and will direct his/her team by performing a variety of duties to ensure a consistently clean, orderly and attractive environment within the outlets.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a High School diploma or 12 months experience in related field
- Previous barista/coffee shop experience preferred
- Ability to supervise, provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff; monitor the performance of staff on an ongoing basis, provide praise and corrective action to staff as required.
- ServSafe and Etip Certified
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale system
- Working knowledge of serving processes and procedures
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the Food and Beverage department
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest level of productivity.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Must have a strong desire to lean new systems of operation, and be able to think critically in order to suggest improvements where appropriate
- Ability to work on Mackinac Island seasonally
If you are looking for a culture where you make a difference and truly are part of a successful team, then Mission Point Resort is the place for you. We strive to grow our team with people who share our passion and energy for creating the best experience for our guests and our staff! We offer competitive wages, housing and other perks.