We are currently hiring for all food and beverage positions including cooks, dishwashers, servers, bussers, hosts and bartenders. Our season runs from early May until early October weather depending. We would like to have staff in place by mid April to begin training.
Minocqua Country Club is looking for a line cook to join our New Executive Chef and growing professional culinary team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and hard-working.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Chop vegetables, prepare sauces and other food preparation.
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Help prepare employee meals.
- Cooking experience or Back of the House experience preferred (will train and mentor)
- Able to meet all scheduling commitments.
- Able to anticipate needs of others in the kitchen and proactively work to meet those needs.
- Strong attention to detail
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you!
Minocqua Country Club is looking for a Prep Cook/Dishwasher.
We are always looking for passionate employees who provide the best possible experiences for our guests and employees! Our team creates an atmosphere in the restaurant that builds energy, enthusiasm and fun, generating excellent service and positive morale.
The safety of our team members and guests is our #1 priority. In these unprecedented times, we've heightened our already rigorous cleaning and sanitation procedures and provide ongoing training to keep our restaurants as clean and safe as ever. Dishwasher responsibilities:
- Obsessed with cleanliness? Put your skills to work and help keep MCC a well-oiled machine!
- Clean and sanitize all containers, pots, pans, and utensils
- Work as a team player to help and serve others (team member and guests)
- Maintain a highly organized workspace all while following proper sanitation procedures.
- Flexible scheduling
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay
Reports to: Executive Chef
Supervises: Cooks and dishwashers
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Must be familiar with and have worked with all kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of food handling and preparation principles and procedures for all food produced and served in the club.
- Ability to effectively supervise all kitchen food production employees in absence of Executive Chef.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Assist the Executive Chef in supervising food production for all food outlets, banquet events and other functions at the club. Supervise food production personnel, assist with food production tasks as needed and assure that quality and cost standards are consistently attained.
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and “specials” to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishing and portion-sizing are as prescribed by club’s standard recipes.
- Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Conducts daily raw cost tracking counts to ensure that all items are accounted for.
- Codes all invoices to the proper account and sends signed copies to Accounting for payment.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assists Executive Chef with supervision and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, presentation and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
- Personally works in any station as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Communicates with dining service personnel daily.
- Assists in maintaining security of kitchen, including equipment and food and supply inventories.
- Assists in food procurement, delivery and storage of food items.
- Expedites food orders during peak service hours.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates kitchen personnel.
- Coordinates buffet presentations.
- Inspects presentation of food items to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Reports all member and guest complaints to the chef and assists in resolving complaints.
- Monitors kitchen employees’ time records to ensure compliance with posted schedules.
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to Executive Chef.
- Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Executive Chef.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend,
stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
Provide exceptional food and beverage service to our members and guests. Entering food and beverage orders through our point of sale system. Timely delivery of food and drinks. Attentive service most pleasing to our guests.
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager
Supervises: Host/Hostess, Servers, Bussers, Bartenders
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A college degree in Hospitality is preferred.
- One year of dining room supervisory experience in a private club or upscale restaurant.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations
- Responsible for management of dining room service in the clubhouse.
- Maintains a high level of member contact throughout service hours.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required roles during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality, and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Ensures timeliness of foodservice. Supervise and train dining room staff. Develop and implement programs to increase revenues through repeat member dining and higher check averages.
- Plans dining room set-up based on anticipated guest counts and member needs.
- Takes reservations, checks table reservation schedules, and maintains reservations.
- Greets and seats members and guests.
- Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are always in proper and clean uniforms.
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates dining room staff.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning dining room service.
- Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
- Assures that all side-work is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to service.
- Directs pre-shift meetings with dining room personnel; relays pertinent information such as reservations, menu changes, special member requests, etc.
- Able to lead staff through all service types.
- Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas.
- Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
- Trains staff on all aspects of the POS system.
- Assures that the clubhouse and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
- Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; adjusts to achieve financial goals.
- Develops and continually updates and refines policy and procedure manuals for service staff to increase quality and to control costs.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings.
- May serve as club’s opening and closing manager or manager on duty.
- Assures that local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Performs other appropriate assignments and projects as required by the Clubhouse Manager
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.