Because what you do matters.
Join our Land Conservation or Colorado Climate Corps programs in Denver, CO or Colorado Springs, CO. Personal growth, friendship, and endurance thrive here - build a future you believe in, one project at a time. Apply for a season of service and earn while you learn. At Mile High Youth Corps, each day is an opportunity to learn, laugh, and grow as we serve our communities and invest in ourselves.
Denver, Colorado and Colorado Springs, Colorado
About Mile High Youth Corps
Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their community through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences. The Corps employs over 200 young adults annually on projects in neighborhoods, public lands, and open spaces throughout Metro Denver and the Southern Front Range of Colorado. We have a 29 year track record of engaging youth in jobs that help the planet and provide pathways to a promising future.
The Employee Experience
At MHYC, we believe supporting the development of youth ages 18-24 has long-term impacts on individuals, communities, and the environment. For 30 years, we have combined meaningful paid service opportunities in career pathways with education and personal exploration to help young adults discover their strengths and learn to lead. MHYC offers career pathways in land, energy & water conservation, construction, and health & wellness. When youth know themselves, feel supported, and can serve others, they will change the world!
We are looking for people who:
- Work hard
- Are willing to step outside of their comfort zone
- Want to make a difference in the community, for the environment, and within themselves
- Are passionate about combatting climate change and conserving our land
- Are seeking growth and development
Room and Board
As part of our Colorado Climate Corps - Energy and Water Conservation program, we offer a housing stipend! Mile High Youth Corps offers extensive supportive services resources and can help guide folks through housing applications and help find affordable housing for corpsmembers.
As part of our Land Conservation program, we pay for all meals while corpsmembers are in the field. If on a camping crew, corpsmembers will be able to camp while out on projects. Mile High Youth Corps provides tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, backpacks, and more to folks who may be in need of camping gear!
Mile High Youth Corps uses organization-owned vehicles to drive from our offices to project sites, so all corpsmembers will receive free transportation from our office to the project sites.
Amazing program benefits include:
- AmeriCorps Education Award - When Corpsmembers successfully complete their service term, they will receive an educational scholarship that could be used for college, trade school, paying off student loans, and more!
- Industry recognized certifications including First-Aid/CPR, S-212 Wildland Fire Chainsaws, OSHA-10, Building Science Principles, Roots of Success, and more!
- On the job training throughout entire term!
- Supportive Services - All corpsmembers receive supportive services resources including mental health counseling, food access, career counseling, bus passes, and more!
- Networks and career connections - All corpsmembers connect with other corpsmembers, staff, alumni, and industry professionals and project partners in the career field!
Getting Here and Getting Around
All transportation from the Mile High Youth Corps office to the project sites are provided.
Corpsmembers may utilize a variety of transportation options to get to and from our office site from their homes including driving their personal vehicle, carpooling with other corpsmembers, public transportation (MHYC can provide bus passes to corpsmembers), biking, and more.
Corpsmembers get to experience the beauty of the Southern Front Range and the gorgeous public lands around the Denver area. While in our program, corpsmembers get the opportunity to camp, hike, and serve on projects in the gorgeous backcountry and frontcountry of some of Colorado's most serene wilderness areas.
How to Apply
Apply on our website via the Apply link below.
MHYC is committed to hiring candidates with unique backgrounds and perspectives. If you are interested in this position but are concerned that you do not meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, or that prior convictions or your background might disqualify you, we highly encourage you to submit an application anyway.