Outdoor School live and cook in a beautiful enriching setting!
Our site is located between Sandy and Corbett
- Portland, Oregon
- $17.58 - $17.58 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The MESD Outdoor School and 4th Grade Overnight programs take place at seven beautiful sites, which were historically the lands of the Ahantchuyuk, Atfalati, Chinook, Clackamas, and Kalapuya people. Now operated as youth camps by various non-profit organizations, these residential education facilities are rented each spring and fall by the MESD Outdoor School program to provide comfortable, safe housing and exceptional learning opportunities in the outdoors.
This position provides assistance to the Outdoor School Site Head Cook in the preparation of meals for the Outdoor School program.
NATURE & SCOPE:
This position is subject to board policies, administrative rules and procedures, department regulations, and applicable State and Federal statutes. This position carries no administrative authority or responsibility.
JOB STARTS Sept. 19th-Nov. 4th
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serving meals to site population.
- Preparation work for each meal including, but not limited to baking, making salads, and preparing vegetable displays.
- Preparing serving area for each meal.
- Preparing snacks for afternoon in the cabin.
- Preparing snacks for adults and high school students in the evening.
- Placing food into serving dishes for tables during meals.
- Filling condiment containers.
- Cleaning counters and coffee area after meals.
- Sweeping and mopping floors as needed.
- Washing dishes, pots and pans.
- Cleaning cooking utensils.
- Unloading and stacking deliveries.
- Preparing boxes for student’s cook-outs.
- Filling flour and sugar bins as needed.
- Communicate with others utilizing appropriate verbal and non-verbal interactions.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Other cleaning as assigned by the Head Cook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to relate to children and adolescents in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Ability to obtain Food Handlers Card prior to first day on the job.
- Ability to pass background check
- Knowledge of proper kitchen hygiene and attire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Food preparation experience.
MESD welcomes applications from candidates that expand the agency’s diversity.