Hotel Receptionist for Award Winning Ma Johnson's Historical Hotel
Surrounded by the highest concentration of mountains & glaciers in North America!
- Wrangell St Elias National Park, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 10, 2020)
Our Historic Ma Johnson 20 Room Hotel, located in a remote setting of America’s largest National Park, Wrangell St. Elias, is searching for a few great additions to our team. We need Full-time Front Desk Receptionist to be the welcoming face and helping hand to our world-wide travelers.
We’re looking for an individual who has a positive outlook and genuinely enjoys being around people, can work at a fast pace and who can manage multiple tasks at once. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience and will have clear understanding of what drives guest satisfaction and the ability to recognize guest dissatisfaction. You’ll be corresponding with guests through email, over the phone and in person. If you’ve worked in the hospitality industry before, we definitely want to talk to you. However, we’re willing to train the right applicant.
- Answer the phone at the front desk and respond to current and prospective guests’ needs
- Book reservations for individuals, families and groups as required
- Driving our hotel van to shuttle guest to and from the hotel as they arrive and depart. Drive distance is approximately 1 mile
- Greet walk-in guest and guest with reservations when they arrive and share history and unique information about our hotel
- Schedule dinner reservations
- Assist guest in getting acquainted with the area and planning activities
- Maintain a presentable parlor/lobby and entrance areas
- Other task related to hotel as needed
- Full time position. Must be able to work 32 to 40 hours, with overtime if needed
- Willingness to work, nights, weekends and holidays
- Thoroughness and well organized, complete tasks in a timely manner, and strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Refined sense of warm genuine hospitality
- Over achieving attitude and enhanced work ethic
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner
- Able to work independently and with others
- Strong energy level
- Be comfortable working with guests from all over the world
- Bilingual a plus
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds, walking up and down stairs
- Must be able to pass background check (no arrests or convictions)
- Clean driving record, and be at least 25 years old
- High School Diploma or GED.
We provide shared housing, 3 meals a day, and transportation to/from Anchorage to our remote lodge (inside America's largest National Park).
Our season is mid-May through September 20th. In addition, there are opportunities to participate in outdoor activities such as flight seeing, ice climbing, rafting and more at reduced rates or free. Many of our local tour operators want you to experience their adventures so you will have first hand knowledge when asked by guests about activities.
Pay is bi-monthly based on hours and is dependent on experience.
We provide a safe, clean, fun place to work for a most memorable summer! You provide the great attitude, with a sense of urgency when needed.
The Ma Johnson's Hotel is a unique, Alaskan gem. One of only 4 Alaskan properties to be awarded National Geographic's "129 Hotels We Love". Be a part of something special. Each year we receive numerous awards and recognition for our resort, (go to our website to learn more and review our press section.)
How to Apply
Email us your resume to: