Come Have Fun and Create Everlasting Memories in a Remote and Beautiful Place!
We have some of the most beautiful hiking, fishing, boating, and swimming spots around the state.
- Grants Pass, Oregon
- $115.00 - $115.00 / day + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Apr 24, 2023)
Marial is a wilderness lodge along the beautiful Wild and Scenic section of the lower Rogue River. This lodge is home to fishing, hiking, and whitewater enthusiasts alike, and we are hiring! This is a seasonal job and our season runs from May through the beginning of November. Marial is a 2.5 hour drive in from the nearest town of Grants Pass, Oregon.
This job offers opportunities to those who enjoy the outdoors, social environments, or anyone seeking to save money. We do not have cell phone reception out at the lodge, however, we do have internet, phone, and television. Must have your own mode of transportation.
Job description includes basic housekeeping duties, such as:
- Sweep, scrub, scour, and mop floors, pathways, decks, and porches.
- Vacuum clean carpets and rugs.
- Dust & de-web guest rooms and the lodge inside and out.
- Empty and clean trash and recycle containers
- Dispose of trash and recycle in a sanitary manner
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms, showers, toilets, sinks, door knobs, light switches, and countertops
- Clean and wipe down wood and glass surfaces, as well as any dirty surfaces in, outside of, or onguest and guide rooms, employee quarters, kitchen, porches, decks, and lodge.
- Make up beds and change linens as required daily
- Strip rooms of dirty linens, towels, glassware, and trash
- Tidy up rooms
- Replenishes toiletries, cups, blankets, ash trays, books, magazines, coasters, luggage racks, batteries for fire alarms, batteries for carbon monoxide alarms, and towels.
- Keep the linen room clean, organized, and stocked
- Keep kitchen, rooms, living quarters, and lodge clean, organized, and stocked
- Clean up spills with the appropriate equipment
- wash windows as scheduled
- gather, sort, load, and unload clean and dirty laundry
- gather, sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- operate mechanized cleaning equipment
- maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements
- keep kitchen clean, sanitary, organized, and stocked
- stock out kitchen, stock rooms, pantries, and lodge with goods
- load and unload supplies (need to have the physical stamina and mobility including the ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 pounds, as well as to reach, kneel, bend, and twist.)
- washing, drying, organizing, and putting away of dishes, I.E., cookware, stemware, glasses, mugs, trays, silverware, food prep equipment, serving equipment, and all other kitchen equipment and items.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well unsupervised.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance and cleaning.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and interact positively with lodge guests.
- Good communication skills including the ability to listen carefully and ask the right questions to gain clarification
- Integrity including honesty and high ethical standards
- Reliability including good time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- High work standards including the ability to meet performance standards without supervision
- Planning and organizing
- High energy levels
We are looking for someone who can start immediately. Must have your own mode of transportation. We are looking for applicants with a strong work ethic who are professional and secure in who they are. This job is salary and starts at $115/day plus tips. Payday is once a month on the 28th of every month. We offer direct deposit. Shifts are 9 days of work followed by 3 days off.
Room (shared living quarters, which consists of two rooms with two twin beds, one full bath, one-half bath, a living room, kitchenette and patio area) and board(basic food; some accommodations for dietary restrictions) included with employment. If you have dietary restrictions please bring food for yourself. We do not take in pets and do not have parking for RVs. This is a great way to save money and enjoy some of the best outdoor recreation that Oregon has to offer.
How to Apply
Please e-mail an up-to-date resume, including at the least - objective, work history with dates of employment, education with dates of enrollment and completion, and three references, one of which needs to be a professional reference to email@example.com. We will be reaching back out to applicants via e-mail. We will be holding interviews beginning the middle of February. Please note that we are unable to hire H2B visa applicants at this time.