Mammoth Cave Lodge sees visitors throughout the year but mostly in the spring and summer months and that's where you come in. We have positions in retail gift sales, food and beverage and lodging. You will receive the necessary training to excel, not to worry. Heck, you may even decide that you'd like to transfer to one of our many other locations in the off-season! Career opportunities abound for those of you who decide you'd like a career with Ortega National Parks. All you have to do is have a desire to succeed!
Provide clean and sanitary guest rooms to visitors from around the world to ensure an extraordinary and pleasurable experience.
- Adhere to company room cleaning procedures in a timely and efficient manner;
- Report damaged or missing items in rooms and turn in all lost and found items;
- Stock personal cart on a daily basis, according to company policy, to ensure a seamless process in daily cleaning schedule;
- Handle dirty linens per company policies at the end of each shift;
- Utilize cleaning products and supplies in an efficient manner and report to Supervisor when stock is low;
- Ensure that rooms pass daily inspections and are cleaned according to company directives;
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning projects as requested.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs frequently and up to 40 lbs occasionally;
- Must be able to spend up to 8 hours, daily, on feet with frequent bending, twisting and squatting movements;
- Must be a team-player and possess strong communication skills;
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
We are, of course, an enthusiastic equal opportunity employer!View Job Description
Summary of Position:
Assist all guests and visitors of the Company with timely, efficient and professional service adhering to Company standards of ensuring an extraordinary hospitality experience.
● Greet customers within 30 seconds of entering the store & provide friendly customer service.
● Achieve and maintain product knowledge to assist customers with purchasing decisions.
● Guide and direct customers to appropriate products of interest and answer related inquiries.
● Assist customers with all National Park related inquiries.
● Assist customers making selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
● Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point of sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards and making change.
● Restock and maintain displays (labeling correctly as needed) per Company standards.
● Achieve established sales goals.
● Participate in closing, opening procedures.
● Participate in daily cleaning/maintenance duties.
● Strict adherence to all store policies.
● Contribute to a positive environment where all employees trust and respect each other
● Other duties as requested
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills to interact positively with others
● Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
● Display energy and enthusiasm when working with customers and fellow Associates
● Dependable to always be on time and on schedule
● Able to lift frequently up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs. Position also involves frequent bending, twisting, lifting and squatting and up to 8 hours per day on feet in a fast paced environment.View Job Description
Our Line Cooks excel at following corporate recipes to deliver outstanding meals and a quality dining experience for guests in the restaurants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all food is prepared in a safe manner and according to company expectations;
- Follow proper techniques and procedures according to company policy in the preparation and presentation of food;
- Adhere to weekly schedules and be willing to work extended shifts during evening, weekends and holidays;
- Uphold the highest standards of professionalism when working with co-workers;
- Ensure proper clocking in and out for work shifts;
- Follow all company policies and procedures related to back of house kitchen operations;
- Continually improve employee relations skills by participating in required training programs;
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with tasks as requested;
- Understand and comply with all federal, state and local laws related to a safe and productive work environment;
- Possess ServeSafe certifications.
- Excellent customer service and people skills;
- Must be a strong team player and promote teamwork with all staff;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalitie
- Ability to lift 25 lbs frequently and up to 50 lbs occasionally and handle frequent bending, twisting, lifting, squatting and standing 8-10 hours/day.
Knowledge and Experience
View Job Description
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1 (one) year line cook experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a teamwork environment
- Resort/ National Park experience preferred
Our Maintenance Associates get the best of both worlds, working both indoors and out during the peak seasons. Whether they're involved with landscape maintenance projects, recycling or working in our hotel rooms and retail gift stores or restaurants, there is never a dull moment for our maintenance team!
Work closely with the Maintenance Operations team to ensure that our retail and restaurant facilities, as well as our hotel rooms and cottages operate in ways that provide an extraordinary guest experience.
- Receive and complete work orders, in a timely and efficient manner, as required by Maintenance Department policies and procedures. Must assist in the completion, tracking and reporting of work orders;
- Duties may include general painting, carpentry, plumbing, minor electrical, masonry, landscaping maintenance, etc.;
- Perform assigned maintenance and mechanical duties for buildings and associated facilities, furnishings and equipment as requested;
- Capable of “hands on repairs” in most maintenance disciplines;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures including when lifting, climbing, etc.;
- Be available to assist other team members with maintenance related tasks;
- Polite, knowledgeable and timely customer service when responding to visitor inquiries;
- Demonstrate basic skill in the use of tools, materials and equipment common to maintenance and repair;
- Possess the initiative to learn and willingness to grow in maintenance operations;
- Understand and effectively follow oral and written instructions;
- Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolding, elevated platforms or crawl spaces, tunnels, ledges and roofs and understand the OSHA safety requirements as applicable;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Must be able to work a variety of day, night, weekend, and holiday shifts;
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally;
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate vehicles throughout property.
Knowledge and Experience:
Education: High school Diploma or equivalent
Technical certification/degree preferred
Experience: 1 year of general maintenance and/or construction
National Park experience preferredView Job Description
How to Apply
Click the Apply link below and you will be directed to our online application. Once completed, we will be notified and will promptly review your information.
We thank you, in advance, for your interest in our company and remember that Mammoth Cave Hotel is an equal opportunity employer!