Majestic Heli Ski wants you to join our team as a LUNCH COOK!
Located 2 hours northeast of Anchorage, Alaska in heart of the Chugach Mountains.
- Sutton, Alaska
- up to $550.00 / week + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Feb 01, 2023)
Majestic Heli Ski is world-class helicopter skiing company based in Sutton, Alaska at the Majestic Valley Wilderness Lodge. Majestic operates in the Northern Chugach Mountains (and Talkeetna Mountains) of Alaska. We are a small, tight-knit company accommodating up to 24 guests per week with a staff of 25 and two helicopters (AStars). We offer all-inclusive multi day trips, private trips, and day skiing in February, March, and April. Our mission is to provide the highest quality all-inclusive personalized heli ski vacation to our guests. We provide five star service, meals, accommodations, and world class skiing. We strive to provide great customer service and to show our guests the highest quality and safest guest experience in the industry.
Seeking a reliable and enthusiastic LUNCH COOK experienced in preparing soups, sandwiches and desserts for a high-end resort. Must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Time management, cleanliness, and the ability to accept direction essential. The LUNCH COOK at Majestic Heli Ski will work with three other chefs (Executive, Sous and BREAKFAST) and should expect to work in all areas of meal planning, food shopping, preparation, presentation, cooking, and serving. Your schedule will be dependent upon the number of guests booked in any given week, but a 40+ hour work week with a flexible schedule will be required.
Other requirements of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to accept tasks from managers without hesitation
- Having a positive, friendly attitude
- Being highly motivated and able to work well both individually and with other team members
- Willingness to work flexible hours and help with tasks outside the normal job description as needed
- Must be a morning person and be on time
- Must obtain an Alaska Food Worker Card
The start date will be February 1, 2023, and the end date on or around May 1, 2023. You will be required to work 6 days a week or as needed. Hours/time of day will vary depending on the number of guests and guests needs. We will, however, ensure that you have the appropriate leisure time for your personal and professional benefit. A more detailed schedule will be determined once you arrive at Majestic.
- Food and Lodging provided while seasonally employed
- Worker’s Compensation coverage while seasonally employed
- Heli skiing! When there are open seats in the helicopter we always do our best to allow staff to fill those seats. A second guide is the first priority, then all other staff. You must be a strong intermediate skier/boarder and complete safety training in order to heli ski (same as our guests). Helicopter scenic rides are possible as well (situation dependent).
- Cross country ski trails out the front door. We have skis, boots, and poles.
- Backcountry skiing
- Internet, satellite tv, laundry, and all other amenities at the lodge
- Access to pro forms
- Lodge uniform provided-logoed jacket, shirts, fleece, hats, etc.
Most important to Majestic is that you are humble, have a good attitude, you get along well with the other staff and guests, you are a team player, and you do your part in ensuring that our guests have the best experience possible.
How to Apply
NO PHONE CALLS! Please email us at email@example.com with a resume if interested!