Groundskeeper at Magee Homestead- Forbes 5 star guest ranch!
Situated amidst the high desert plains of Wyoming near the Medicine Bow National Forest
- Saratoga, Wyoming
- $2,600.00 / month
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Situated amidst the high desert plains of Wyoming near the Medicine Bow National Forest, Magee Homestead is in Saratoga, Wyoming, and offers housing and meals as part of the compensation package.
Groundskeeper Job Description
Looking for a hardworking, diligent, and detailed-oriented worker, preferred experience with landscaping. They must be organized and able to meet deadlines. The Groundskeeper will be under the supervision of the manager & director to:
- Maintain all turf areas around the property. Preferred experience with spin trimming, mowing, spraying for weeds, and irrigating (dethatch and aerate lawns when required)
- Maintain all flower beds and planters by watering and turning over pots
- Maintain pathways by edging, cleaning up broken stone pieces, and sweeping gravel back into designated pathway areas
- Spray insect fog at designated areas at designated times to cut down on mosquito activity
- Maintain all landscape equipment, includes, but not limited to
- Blade replacement/sharpening
- Basic servicing (oil change, cleaning of spark plugs/filters, & winterizing equipment)
- Aide in the acquisition, splitting, storage, and distribution of firewood
- Wrap/Unwrap trees in protective cages, as needed
- Maintain ponds and pond features in core guest areas
- Maintain and revamp existing landscaping
- Experience in irrigation, maintenance, mechanics, machine operation, or fleet is preferred, but not required
Maintain a good working relationship and communication with the Director of Grounds, Manager, Supervisor, and the team.
- Highly competitive compensation including end of season bonus (Total monthly compensation is more than $2,600 with both factored in)
- Housing and Meals included (roommate situation and not deducted from pay)
- Frequent hands-on training and opportunities for adventure
- Live in one of the most beautiful places on earth
- Live in the heart of the American West and experience the rare opportunity to live and work on a historic cattle ranch.
- Gain valuable and unique employment and leadership experience while building your career with White Lodging, one of the hospitality industry's most recognized leaders.
- Explore and discover all the activities that Brush Creek Ranch offers across the ranch's 30,000 acres, along with the surrounding Platte River Valley and the majestic Medicine Bow National Forest.
- Connect with other like-minded individuals and forge new friendships as you work together to ensure the highest level of service and fulfill our goal of creating lifetime guests at the Brush Creek Luxury Ranch Collection.
Pay includes a base salary which is paid out bi-weekly and an end-of-season service fee which is paid out at the end of the Season. Combined this pay is just over $2600/month.
Housing and meals are included in your compensation package. It is not deducted from your pay. Applicants should be aware that it will always be a roommate scenario.
A personal mode of transportation is recommended in order to move to and from housing and the guest area of the ranch.
Full season availability is preferred at this time, May through Mid-October.