Work in a place that gets people outside and craving the next adventure!
Located on the shores of Lake Superior Lutsen is a premiere Ski Destination in the Midwest.
- Lutsen, Minnesota
- $22.00 - $30.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Department: Mountain Operations
Direct Report: Snow Surfaces Supervisor
Wage: $22-$30 (based on experience)
Benefits: On hill Perks for employees and their families at all MFSR (Midwest Family Ski Resorts) locations
Lutsen Mountains Resort is a part of Midwest Family Ski Resorts, a multi-generational family-owned and operated mountain resort with 3 of the oldest and largest resorts in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Our company culture reflects family focused values due to our family ownership, our management team, and our guests, who are primarily Midwest families. We rely on team members who are excited about taking ownership of their role, adapting to change, and working collaboratively with our family of team members. As a private business, all capital improvements are funded through operating cash-flow and future capital improvements require a high-level financial discipline in controlling and right-sizing staffing and other expenditures and maintaining facilities and premises in an organized, clean, orderly and resource conservation manner.
The purpose of the Groomer position is to ensure Lutsen Mountains is producing a high quality snow surface, providing a safe and enjoyable skiing experience for guests of all skill levels.
- Performs daily equipment inspections at start of shift, completes log, and maintains equipment fluid levels.
- Keeping all required log sheets and records current and accurate
- Groom ski runs to seamless corduroy using a combination of blade and tiller without unnecessary stress on the machine.
- Builds and maintains ski lift loading and unloading ramps as qualified and as directed by Snow Surface Supervisor
- Report any issues or concerns that arise with the machine in use
- Ensure management is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, or system malfunctions
- Maintain and track operation, vehicle, and fuel record each shift
- Keep work environment clean and organized
- Complying with OSHA and company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Work well in a team-oriented environment
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, and education required for this job:
- Has previous heavy equipment experience.
- 1 year previous grooming machine experience required
- 3+ years previous grooming machine experience required
- Able to effectively communicate and follow grooming plans
- Works in a detailed and methodical manner
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Basic knowledge of snowcat/heavy equipment maintenance and operation.
- Physical Capabilities: bend, twist, push, pull, stand, lift 50lbs.
- Must be comfortable working in an outdoor all-season environment.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and overnights.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. In addition, as we are a recreational business, availability on peak holiday timeframes and weekends is required.