Become part of the senior leadership team at Loveland Ski Area!
Come work and play in the mountains!
- Georgetown, Colorado
- $80,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Job Title: Finance Director
Type of Position: Full-time, Year Round
Schedule: Required to work weekends/holidays during the winter season, dependent on regular schedule and business needs
Pay Range: $80,000 to $120,000 (annualized), dependent on qualifications and experience
This is the perfect opportunity for the financial professional that has a passion for the ski industry and wants to become a key part of the leadership team at Loveland, one of the few remaining family-owned ski areas. Come and love where you work, come work at the mountains!
Responsible for the financial health of Clear Creek Skiing Corporation (“CCSC” dba Loveland Ski Area.) Combines strategic and operational goals to manage accounting and economic aspects of the company by enforcing a financial strategy aimed toward profitable long-term sustained growth. Direct responsibility for accounting, finance, and tax related matters. Oversee the information technology department. Function as a strategic leader for CCSC. Every employee is responsible for providing a positive experience for our guests and employees, with safety and fun as our top priorities.
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual statements and reporting.
- Provide detailed, timely and accurate reporting, financial assessments, forecasting, and strategic analysis to inform business decisions.
- Ensure proper controls are in place, practiced and maintained around cash handling, credit cards, inventory, company data, and guest personal information.
- Manage compliance with GAAP and all applicable local, state and federal regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Responsible for all CCSC information technologies including computing systems, point of sale systems, and communications systems.
- Ensure continuous improvements of process and procedure to enable operational efficiency and accuracy.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum ten years’ in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the Ski or other winter sports industry
- Proven success making data driven financial and operational decisions
- Proven ability to ensure compliance with GAAP and federal, state, local laws and regulations
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising others
- CPA, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage at all levels of an organization
- Strong problem solving and creative solutions skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity with strong results orientation
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Point of Sale software (SiriusWare experience, preferred)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with information technologies
- Intermediate or better ski/snowboard ability, preferred.
What’s in it for You?
- Ability to directly impact the future of one of the few remaining family-owned ski areas.
- This position is eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, FSA Reimbursement Plans, Accident and Hospital Insurance, 401k Plan, accrued vacation time and sick leave.
- Free Loveland Employee Season Pass.
- Free or discounted skiing & riding at over 30 other ski areas (restrictions may apply).
- Bonus eligible position.
- Check out the many additional PERKS of being in the Family by clicking here !
The Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Start your day at 10,800 feet, where an average of 422 inches of snow falls annually on 1800 skiable acres – all only 53 miles from Denver! Come join our family, share your passion for safety and the outdoors, and be a part of something special!
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Loveland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any status protected by law.
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.