Ready for a career opportunity as a leader with one of the few remaining Family-Owned Ski Areas?
Work on the continental divide then play on the slopes or in the city of Denver just 53 miles away!
- Georgetown, Colorado
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Job Title: Lift Operations Supervisor
Type of Position: Full-time Seasonal, Benefits Eligible - Potential to Convert to Year Round
Schedule: Generally five 8 hour days per week, may include some overtime, includes weekends and holidays, season typically runs through May
Great career opportunity! Are you looking to be a leader in the day to day operation of a Family-Owned Ski Area, where you can have a big impact on the employee and guest experience? If so - we would love to talk to you!
Provide for the safe uphill transportation of skiing and riding passengers. Adhere to and ensure that all Lift Operations personnel are properly trained. Provide documentation in lift operations, lift operation maintenance, ticket checking and guest service, in accordance with all applicable codes and standards. Every employee is responsible for providing a positive experience for our guests and employees, with safety and fun as our top priorities.
- Assist in hiring, training and supervision of lift operations personnel as outlined by Loveland Ski Area, including CPTSB, ANSI, OSHA, USFS and insurance carrier.
- Assist in development and implementation of all department programs to provide for staffing, training, scheduling, safety, goal setting, employee performance and discipline, employee retention and incentive, payroll, workers compensation and record keeping.
- Assist with development and implementation of job hazard assessments, training procedures etc., ensuring safety is at the forefront. Help to document and continuously improve procedures and protocols.
- Conduct follow-up training during operating season.
- Assist with Lift Operator duties, as needed.
- Assist in lift related accident and incident investigations and documentation.
- Assist in the determination of discontinuation of operation of any lift due to mechanical issues, weather conditions or other reasons.
- Oversee and assist in the continued maintenance of loading and unloading areas, snow removal and lift clearances.
- Associate degree or above, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience and familiarity in the field of lift operations and/or maintenance, preferred.
- General mechanical aptitude and capabilities, proficiency with basic hand tools, and basic knowledge in electrical concepts.
- Working knowledge of CPTSB and ANSI codes pertaining to ski lifts, familiarity with general industry OSHA regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with independent decision-making ability.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Able to work any hours and days of the week.
- Possession of (or ability to obtain) a valid Colorado Driver's License, with an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English - speak and understand verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work at high altitudes and outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Intermediate level or better ski or snowboard ability.
- Able to operate equipment, i.e. snowmobiles and other off-road vehicles.
What’s in it for You?
- This position is eligible for full benefits including Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, FSA Reimbursement Plans, 401k Plan, accrued vacation time and sick leave.
- This experienced position provides continuous training and opportunities to grow your career in Lift Operations and the ski industry.
- Check out the many additional PERKS of being in the Family at www.skiloveland.com/employment/ !
The Loveland experience is like no other. We have stayed true to the sport, our guests and our employees. Our experience is simple and straight forward. Our goal is for everyone to feel at home and to become a member of the Loveland family. Start your day at 10,800 feet, where an average of 422 inches of snow falls annually on 1800 skiable acres – all only 53 miles from Denver! Come join our family, share your passion for safety and the outdoors, and be a part of something special!
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Loveland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any status protected by law.
How to Apply