Enjoy working and playing in the snow?? We do too! Check out these opportunities to join the Lost Trail Family!
Our family owned and operated mountain is one of pristine beauty with unprecedented winter sport opportunities. Working at Lost Trail Powder Mountain, you will have the opportunity to enjoy our amazing powder and uncrowded slopes. YOU could be part of what we call The Lost Trail Family. As a part of the family, you will be a part of creating the vibe we are famous for.
Lost Trail Ski Area is located in Sula Montana, halfway between Hamilton, Montana and Salmon, Idaho. 90 miles south of Missoula, Montana.
About Lost Trail Ski Area
The "Father" of the mountain, Bill Grasser, put it best when he said, "Our focus and dream is to keep it (Lost Trail Ski Area) a small, family area mountain with safety being a very big aspect of what we strive for." That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. Employees and guests are our family. LT employees make this all possible, make it possible for our guests and staff to enjoy the mountain and with an average of 325 inches of snow each season and 1,800 acres of terrain, there is plenty to go around!
The Employee Experience
The LT employee experience is absolutely paramount! In the ski resort, industry we have all heard the saying "work hard, play hard" and it gets used a lot but our family here at LT does exactly that. LT is a place where you can expand and broaden your personal skill set in the workplace and in that fluffy white stuff that comes from the sky. No day is exactly the same up at the mountain from the end of November through mid-April so there is never a dull or boring moment.
The LTSA family is a diverse and dynamic group inclusive of all and supportive of all. We have fun together, problem solve together and share the same vision. Our employees represent Lost Trail Ski Area in the best way possible...always striving to do our best, always completing tasks and always providing the best customer service.
- Good customer service skills
- Must be prepared and on time to each scheduled shift
- Must be able to work weekends and all holidays during the season
- Have a clean appearance
***Positions may include but are not limited to these working conditions:
- Winter weather conditions outside and cold conditions inside
- Standing for the majority of the work shift
- Snowy, icy, uneven terrain
- Periodic lifting
- Noisy conditions
Room and Board
LTSA has limited off-site housing opportunities for employees who inquire. The housing is filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- $595+ value: Season pass for employees and qualifying family.
- 32-48 day passes each season to other Montana ski areas. (Some valued at $168+ a pass!!!)
- Free skiing at resorts worldwide through the Powder Alliance. (See Powder Alliance website for details)
- 20% off all full price items in our Retail Shop
- $15 lunch allotment per shift (employee menu only).
- Free beverage after every shift
- Ski/ride time.
- Savings off day passes of $215 to$430 a season...$10 tickets available for friends and family. (5/season for part time employees, 10/season for full-time employees)
- Employee party ski days: Free lunch, free skiing, discounted beverages
- Up to 60% off through Expert Voice: Pro-deals for awesome gear (full-time employees only)
- ***(Separate benefit package provided for snowsports school employees)
Getting Here and Getting Around
Due to the fact that LTSA is located on a mountain pass, we recommend having your own transportation. Privately arranged carpools are available from nearby towns. The nearest town is 45 miles away. Parking is available at the mountain for staff.
Chief Joseph recreation area is just across the highway from LTSA and provides plenty of room to cross-country ski, snowshoe, snowmobile and dog sled.
Several hot springs are nearby and feel great after a day of work or play.
Winter camping nearby.
How to Apply
If you are interested in a position with us, please click APPLY HERE and apply online today!