Exciting opportunity in Moab, UT! Housing Included!
Located 10 minutes from Arches National Park
- Moab, Utah
- $18.00 - $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Seaon Feburary - October 27. Sign an agreement for 2024 and stay in housing for free until the 2024 season starts in Feburary.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, you play an important role in creating a memorable first impression for our guests from the moment they enter their tent. We pride ourselves on providing guests with a camping experience that includes all the comforts and luxury of home. Your role is to lead a team of housekeepers to provide guests with a consistently clean and comfortable environment in their tent for the duration of their stay. You will work side-by-side with your team to deliver results. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes the option of team member housing for the duration of employment.
- Effective Communication
- Decision Making
- Think critically to respond and react quickly to ever changing situations on property
- Be an active listener, an approachable leader, and available to lend support
- Interact regularly with all co-workers and guests
- Meet regularly with camp leadership to ensure overall camp success and guest satisfaction
- Anticipate workflow and appropriately delegate tasks
- Find ways to streamline processes to maximize efficiency and resource use
- Lead by example
- Inspire your team to be engaged and committed to excellence, celebrating team results
- Lead your team to meet deadlines by while maintaining high standards.
- Work with front desk supervisor to ensure all lost and found items are properly handled.
- Prioritize cleaning rooms based on inventory, requests, and guarantees.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching employees.
- Lead the housekeeping team in Under Canvas sustainability efforts.
- Develop trust and mutual respect among the team.
- Participate in weekly and daily meetings to ensure the Housekeepers are well informed about, upcoming events or groups, and any other special events or arrivals.
- Inspect what you expect from your housekeepers and provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Ensure you are appropriately staffed and working efficiently with available resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Under Canvas.
- High School (High school diploma) Diploma/GED (High school diploma)
- Prior housekeeping management
- Ability to set clear expectations and lead a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of property management systems.
- Solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 31 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
- Operate guest transport carts and/or property vehicle
- Stand and walk over slippery and/or uneven natural walking surfaces for majority of workday
- Bend and stoop
- This position is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle records check, if requested by Under Canvas.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Under Canvas strives to provide a comprehensive benefits and compensation package that addresses the needs of our team members. In addition, they can participate in the company’s health insurance plan, 401(K), purchase gear from industry pro-deal programs, and take advantage of Under Canvas’s team member purchase plan.
Under Canvas is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer who prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any kind.