Seeking Housekeepers for our Acadia camp, FREE housing!
Close to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, ME.
- Surry, Maine
- $14.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 02, 2022)
Hourly pay rate starting at: $14
As a Housekeeper, you play an important role in creating a memorable first impression for our guests from the moment they enter their tent. Under Canvas is known for providing guests with a glamping experience that includes all the comforts and luxury of home, your role is to ensure our tent accommodations are clean, well-maintained, replenished with consumables, and ready for our guests to enjoy their stay. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- Demonstrate the stamina to work long hours in varying weather conditions.
- Interact regularly with co-workers and guests in a genuine, professional manner.
- Report concerns that need attention to the Housekeeping Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in collaboration with your team and/or supervisor.
- Eagerly seek opportunities to ensure guests have everything they need.
- Take pride in following protocol by meticulously and consistently ensuring our tents are clean, well-stocked, and ready to welcome our guests. This includes changing bedding with fresh linens, sweeping floors, sanitizing the personal space, dusting, and organizing.
- Work effectively with a team of housekeepers, under the direction of the Housekeeping Supervisor, to ensure all tasks are successfully completed.
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to follow direction
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly Team-Player
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training
How to Apply
Please apply directly via the link below.