Free Housing and Competitive Wages!
Located 10 minutes outside of Moab and next to Canyonlands and The Arches!
- Moab, Utah
- $15.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Feb 24, 2022)
As a Facilities Technician, you work closely with the Facilities Supervisor to ensure our glamping location is well-maintained, safe, and operational for our team members and guests. You play an important role in our success by performing daily maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep of our tents, amenities, equipment, and property. Depending on the camp location, the nature of work performed will vary from basic upkeep (Facilities Technician 2) to more technical functions such as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (Facilities Technician 1). This is a seasonal, hourly position that includes free housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- Work in a wide range of weather conditions, including during inclement weather, for long periods of time.
- Interact regularly with guests and team members.
- Think critically to respond quickly and effectively to ever changing situations on property.
- Be solutions oriented and proactive in problem solving.
- General upkeep of tents, plumbing systems, propane gas water heaters, stovepipes, decks, trailers, vehicles, generators, solar power equipment and more.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and repair work at a camp location consisting of up to 80 high-quality outdoor tents with plumbing, communal structures with showers and toilets, laundry facilities, restaurants, common areas, fire pits, outdoor activities, and equipment.
- Work alongside facilities team members, under the director of the Facilities Manager, on related tasks and in across multiple departments as needed
- Work efficiently to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards.
Other duties as assigned
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum two or more years of experience performing work with minimal direction, preferably skilled in plumbing, septic, propane, or generators
- Outdoor enthusiast: ability to work long, flexible hours outdoors in heat and cold
- Team-player with strong problem-solving skills
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during the interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training