Free Housing and Competitive Wages in Zion!
Located in the beautiful hills of Zion, UT
- Virgin, Utah
- $9.25 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (Mar 03, 2022)
Hourly rate plus tips
As a Food & Beverage Attendant, you are the main point of contact for our guest dining experience. You will engage with guests at our café style restaurant where you will make recommendations, process transactions, run food and drinks, and support the entire operation as needed. Your goal is to provide stellar service ensuring our guests have everything they need for an enjoyable meal outside together with family, friends, and nature. We cater to a diverse range of guests including groups, families, and individuals varying in age, interests, and with various degrees of comfort in outdoor elements. This is a seasonal, hourly position and includes free employee housing for the duration of employment.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You maintain composure, take action, are resourceful, and solutions-minded in unpredictable situations such as weather, diverse needs of guests, or incidents on property.
- Cheerfully greet and serve guests at the restaurant counter, answer questions about menu items, provide recommendations, and process transactions accurately in a timely manner.
- Collaborate and interact professionally with guests, culinary team, and other department co-workers.
- Learn and share your knowledge of menu and beverage offerings, local culture and on-site activities.
- Provide clear, accurate, complete, and timely communication.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve independently or in collaboration with your team and/or supervisor.
- Actively maintain guest safety by following all food safety and sanitation protocols.
- Your passion for the food & beverage industry combined with your commitment to delivering high standards of service will be critical as you help create memorable dining experiences.
- Your positive attitude, ability to listen to guests, and anticipate service needs will lead to consistently positive guest feedback.
- You value teamwork, quickly step in to help others.
- Complete assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Have obtained a High School Diploma or GED
- Restaurant experience preferred but not required
- Food Handler Certification and TIPS certification
- *Must be obtained within two weeks of start of employment
- Ability to follow direction
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Friendly Team-Player
Physical Requirements (If accommodations are needed, please contact HR during interview process):
- Ability to work outdoors for long periods of time, including during extreme heat and cold or weather events
- Ability to lift 30lbs independently; all lifts over 51 lbs. require assistance from a co-worker
- Able to stand and move for long periods of time
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Travel