Lone Mountain Ranch is Hiring Cooks!
164 acre ranch located in Madison Range
- Big Sky, Montana
- $15.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Providing restaurant guests excellent food quality, consistency, reasonable prices, in an attractive environment, and with professional service. Responsibilities include managing the culinary functions to meet the food quality goals.
- Creates and maintains a sound working relationship with all preparation personnel.
- Must be familiar with health requirements, OSHA regulations and Department of Labor regulations as they pertain to all kitchen and restaurant employees.
- Reports to the Executive Chef any maintenance or repairs needed.
- Prevents the spoiling and contamination of foods by following proper sanitation practices and ensuring compliance with policy and health regulations.
- Know and complies consistently with our standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards andkitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Know and complies consistently with our standard portion size, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Complies with departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and regulations and policies set forth in the Employee Handbook and Management.
- The Line Cook will provide "excellent quality" and "presentation" of all food to the guests. The demonstration, preparation and execution of each menu item and the item specifications and presentation will be agreed upon.
- Proper guest service requires that the food is produced on a timely basis and that the servers are well educated regarding the menu.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen facilities.
- It is the Line Cook's responsibility to assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and downstairs prep area.
Education & Experience:
- College degree and/or culinary experience in a high volume, full service restaurant. /or Culinary Program Curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food handler certification
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to multi task under pressure and the ability to establish a positive rapport with many types of personalities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an application on our job board at: https://lonemountainranch.com/career-opportunities/