Come join the team in the Pacific Northwest Best Kept Secret, Wage starting at $22
Breathtaking views to create precious memories.
- $22.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 27, 2022)
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply now to join our All Star Team!
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.’s (Guest Services) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that can be reduced by vaccinations. All employees are required to receive vaccinations as determined by Guest Services, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
The Housekeeper performs skilled and routine maintenance and tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the Lodge. Extra hours working in other departments are available in the evening, if desired.
- Clean assigned areas as directed by management and in compliance with the Company’s “green” initiatives.
- Change linens and make beds.
- Dust and clean all furniture, picture frames, mirrors, windows, baseboards, carpet edges, inside and outside door panels, door ledges, and thresholds.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds, place trash in designated receptacles including proper handling of recycling.
- Clean and vacuum under beds, desk, and behind nightstands.
- Check and replace all missing items in rooms, including soaps, shampoos, conditioners, hangers, hair dryers, brochures, and stationery, etc.
- Clean and ensure bathtubs, tub ledges, sinks, vanity shelves, toilets, and soap dishes are spot, mold, mildew, and dust free.
- Sweep and mop all bathroom floors and kitchen floors.
- Dust all lights and sconces, make-up mirrors, and lampshades.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Notify Supervisor of all quality control issues or needed repairs pertaining to the housekeeping of the facility.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues and report them immediately to your manager.
- Deep cleaning kitchen units (i.e., cabinets, dishware, stoves, refrigerators…).
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits and an ability to learn and follow important safety precautions.
- Strong customer service abilities, actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms, and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 35 lbs. regularly, 45 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently works in a hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Industrial Washer and Dryer.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, vacuums, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.