Washington’s best kept secret and great view from the kitchen.
Breathtaking views to create memorable moments.
- $16.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jun 27, 2022)
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring Cooks for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.