Come join the team in the Pacific Northwest Best Kept Secret
Majestic views to make memorable moments.
- $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Cook, lead and inspire a small team from a kitchen with a dramatic view that you just cannot beat! Your Adventure awaits.
Starting at $20 per hour +eligible for end of season bonus!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. The Food & Beverage Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Kitchen Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
- Plan, develop, and direct daily operations. Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and, ensure compliance with established budget. Schedule, supervise, and participate in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the unit's management and staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control. Manage P&L statement.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Act as Company's point of contact with clients. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in related management required.
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.