Come join the team in the Pacific Northwest Best Kept Secret
Majestic views that create special moments.
- $18.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Tour Driver, CDL + Passenger endorsement
A scenic adventure every day ! Wages starting at $ 18 per hour and potential end of season bonus!
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring Shuttle Drivers for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
- Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
- 50% discount on all meals
- $500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Tour Driver, CDL takes guests of the hotel to and from the designated locations. Shuttle drivers are also responsible to help with all concierge needs at the front desk, help carry guest luggage/skis to rooms, snow removal and other needs to help ensure guest. The Shuttle Driver must hold a valid CDL, Class B.
- Safely drive vehicle over specified routes or to specified destinations adhering strictly to time schedules, complying with traffic regulations and state laws to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride. Ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles, and help them with any luggage.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and security of passengers/goods during transport.
- Test vehicle equipment such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation. Before each shift
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle at all times
- Fill fuel tank on last run of route each day
- Memorize and effectively deliver provided script describing local facts and answer passengers questions
- Report any vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs/maintenance to management immediately.
- Report all delays and accidents to management. Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Communicate with Lodge as needed – Always respond to radio calls
- Maintain required driving logs and record information.
- Collect all designated fees from EVERY passenger and issue appropriate receipt / ticket and deliver all funds received with corresponding documentation to office at end of shift
- Valid Washington State driver's license with mandated endorsements.
- Valid CDL, Class B
- Ability to read and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and coworkers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and coworkers in English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours: weekends, holidays
- Physical presence at job site and neat clean cut physical appearance
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 35 lbs. regularly, 40 lbs. frequently, and more than up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.