Come lead the team in the Pacific Northwest Best Kept Secret
Majestic views to create special moments!
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Location Manager - North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin
Live , work , lead and inspire in the Pacific Northwest Best Kept Secret- Stehekin! Make it a summer you will never forget. Competitive Salary + housing + eligible for end of season bonus.
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
50% discount on all meals
$500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Location Manager is expected to take an active role in being an effective leader and act with guidance and overall direction of the General Manager. The Location Manager is expected to be able to work and make decisions independently and be in good communication with the properties General Manager in all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including equipment and property, to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Location Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level; working towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position. This is a hands-on position in order to lead and inspire associates daily. The Location Manager is to have an understanding of the need to communicate privy information in a confidential manner.
- In coordination with the AGM & GM assist in the overall management of the multi-unit’s operational financial performance. This includes planning and developing daily operations, to include forecasting and analyzing sales, labor, and profit; ensuring compliance with established budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Ensure the guest experience is warm and welcoming, creating an atmosphere that ensures the guest would want to stay and experience all services.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve guest issues, ensuring service recovery a timely manner
- Monitors and directs associates to ensure efficient and safe completion of all daily tasks, problem solving issues as they arise in Lodging, Retail and F&B.
- Responsible, in coordination with the General Manager, for training, on-boarding, and scheduling staff; manage staff appropriately to enforce policies.
- Ensures and directs regular pre-shift meetings with associates ensuring clear and direct communication for the shift, able to conduct meetings independently when required.
- Responsible for developing associates through training and ongoing guidance to enhance performance.
- Complete thought provoking, meaningful performance reviews and present in a professional manner that recognizes positive attributes and details growth potential.
- Ensure a safe facility environment that includes standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, health and sanitation, grooming and personal appearance standards, employee hygiene, and cash control. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Inspect and enforce a high level of cleanliness and organization in all guest areas, including lobby, hallways, stairwells, exterior of LODGE, guest rooms, kitchen, retail store and restrooms etc.
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and consistent throughout operations ensuring the availability in product.
- Must have a working knowledge of dining room, front desk, housekeeping, gift shop and be able to assist with customer service, POS/PMS operation, stocking, ordering, merchandising, and providing daily direction.
- Processing invoices, on a weekly basis and ensuring month end financials are accurately reported included but not limited to revenue, payroll, cost of sale, inventory management and proper controls are in place. Timely action from the management to complete paperwork and accuracy in reporting.
- Provides professional and appropriate communication and interactions on a regular basis; including Guest Services administration staff, onsite team, and National Park Service representatives to ensure efficient operation of the hotel.
- Perform unit opening and/or closing procedures.
- Participate in personal development through training assigned.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in related management.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem- solve.
- Strong customer service skills: actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner), POS/PMS
- Computer-based hotel reservations system
- Fire enunciator panel
- Required Personal Protective Equipment
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.