Live, work and play while leading the housekeeping department. A time to create special memories!
Rustic paradise tucked deep into the Eastern edge North Cascades mountain range.
- $20.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Housekeeping Manager- $20+/Hour The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin
Live, work and play while leading the housekeeping department. An opportunity to create special memories that will last a lifetime!
Starting at $20 + eligible for end of season bonus
Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? The North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin’s picturesque lake and breathtaking mountain views truly have a magical effect.
We are now hiring for Summer 2022!
Positions typically last from May thru October.
Accessible only by boat, plane, or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild, you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well.
Our Team Members enjoy amazing benefits such as:
Low cost housing -$40.00/per week and $80.00/per pay period
50% discount on all meals
$500 bonus for staying through the season
You will feel right at home in our tight-knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget.
Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Housekeeping Manager assists the General Manager and Assistant Manager in all aspects of housekeeping operations and property management to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals, company initiatives, and guest satisfaction. In addition, the Housekeeping Manager assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
- Manage and coordinate housekeeping functions for unit. Analyze and plan housekeeping programs and schedules to ensure adequate manning, supplies, and equipment for routine and scheduled duties.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests’ complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Manage recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the housekeeping staff at the direction of the General Manager.
- Assist with determining fiscal requirements and preparing departmental budget; monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning cleaning products and equipment; order and maintain sufficient inventory of housekeeping supplies and equipment.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee safety and hygiene. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues. Ensure all printed material on chemicals are posted and that the facility is in compliance with OSHA requirements.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in related management.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people. Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical attendance in unit to perform duties is essential.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Laundry machinery.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.