Prep Cook / Dishwasher at an Island Lodge with Farm-to-Table Cuisine
A private island off the coast of Georgia
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 01, 2019)
Prized for its pristine natural beauty, gracious hospitality and secluded worlds-away appeal, Little St. Simons Island is one of the crown jewels of Georgia's famed Golden Isles and offers 7 miles of pristine beaches and 11,000 acres of undeveloped wilderness for exploration and relaxation. Privately owned and accessible only by boat, Little St. Simons Island has just 16 guest rooms to accommodate up to 32 overnight guests. The island is a paradise for nature lovers and offers a host of recreational, naturalist-led experiences including birding, boating, kayaking, hiking, bicycling, interpretive tours, beach combing, fishing and swimming. Creature comforts include gracious accommodations in six charming cottages, delicious family style meals featuring farm-to-table cuisine including produce from the islands own organic garden and genuine Southern hospitality. The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island has received much acclaim including: “#4 in the Top 20 Resorts in the South by Condé Nast Traveler's Readers' Choice Awards 2018. Visit our website www.LittleSSI.com for more information.
Job Description: The Prep Cook / Dishwasher is a year-round, full-time, hourly (40 hrs/week) position assisting the Chefs with preparing delicious meals for the Lodge guests and staff and taking care of dish washing and cleaning the dining rooms and kitchen. The position requires that the successful applicant live on the island. Housing, utilities and meals are provided. Due to our unique situation and limited accommodations we are unable to accommodate spouses or children that are not employees and pets are not permitted on the island.
- Assist chefs with food prep.
- Ensure Dining Room is kept thoroughly clean and tidy at all times.
- Clean and sanitize all dishware and cookware properly.
- Practice safe handling of dishware and glasses to minimize breakage.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen floors, walls, food shelves, equipment, reach-in coolers, walk-in coolers, freezers and bathroom.
- Adhere to LSSI standards for safety and sanitation while meeting local, state, and federal health and safety regulations.
- Demonstrate exemplary work ethic, technique, and productivity as a team member, assisting others as necessary.
Qualifications: High School diploma required. Relevant experience in a hotel, resort or restaurant and basic knife skills are preferred. Enthusiasm, ability to work as a team and comfortable living on a small island are a must. Drug test and background screening are required. No visible tattoos, visible body piercing (except ears) or unnatural hair color or hairstyles
Benefits: Housing, utilities and meals are included, health, dental & vision Insurance, 401k with company match, paid vacation and holidays, opportunity to live and work on an extraordinary undeveloped private island sanctuary in coastal Georgia.