Lindblad Expeditions is the pioneer in the Expedition Travel space.
- Gustavus, Alaska
- unknown / day + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Chef De Partie is responsible for assisting in the preparation of all guest and crew meals. In addition, the Chef De Partie may do preparation, load stores and provisions, clean, and wash dishes, as well as assisting wherever is needed in the galley.
- Assists the Head Chef, Sous Chef, Line Cook, and Pantry Chef, in the preparation of all guest and crew meals following company menu matrix and recipes.
- Participates in the actual cooking and preparation of breakfast, lunch and dinner; meat, fish dishes, vegetarian options, side dishes for both guest and crew meals.
- Working the action station during meal periods; Example but not limited to; Omelets, carving stations and the sauté action station.
- Primary responsibilities include buffet action station, crew meal preparation and execution, canapes and appetizers as well as prepping, portioning, and cleaning.
- Assisting in setting up/ break down of the hot line.
- Assisting during plating breakfast, lunch and dinners with Sous Chef, Line Cook.
- Assists Head Chef in training, and developing of the Pantry Chefs, and galley dishwashers, by following company policies, and menus.
- Helps maintain the cleanliness of the galley area and food storage rooms.
- Adheres to all CDC Vessel Sanitation Program and Health Canada requirements.
- Assists in dishwashing as needed and/or assigned.
- Assists in loading, handling and proper storage of food and related items to maintain inventory at appropriate stocking levels and to ensure proper rotation of perishable and non perishable food items.
- Participates in on board safety training, meetings and drills, as directed by the Captain, including fire, abandon ship, man overboard, flooding and medical emergencies.
- Adheres to Company’s policy on uniform, to promote company’s image, safety, and standards.
- Participates in shore side training as required by the company.
- Familiar with the ISM codes and requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with all duties under the company Safety Management System and Emergency Station Billet duties.