Ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
- Gustavus, Alaska
- unknown / day + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Pantry Chef is responsible for food preparation, and assisting in the storing and inventory of food and related products. In addition you assist and support the Steward in washing dishes and cleaning the galley.
- Prepares salads, appetizers, dressings, smoothies, fruit and cheese platters as directed by the Head Chef.
- Acts as a prep cook, and prepares multiple sauces, vegetables and dishes on a daily basis.
- Works on a daily prep list based on stock levels, and usage directed by Head Chef.
- Assists the Head Chef and/or the Sous Chef in plating of guest breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as crew meals
- Assists the Head Chef with supervising/training the galley steward.
- Assists with cleaning all counter tops and working surfaces in the galley, and clean the galley sinks and dishwasher. Able to be the shift’s dishwasher when needed.
- Adheres to all CDC Vessel Sanitation Program and Health Canada requirements.
- Maintains and organizes the refrigerators, and freezers.
- Assists/supports with scraping/soaking of all dishes, pots & pans, cooking utensils, and eating utensils in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Assist/supports in loading, running and removing items from the dishwashing machine and placing items in appropriate storage locations.
- Assists in the proper storage, wrapping, handling and display of food items.
- Rotates present stock, disposes of spoiled items, and replaces with provisions and other supplies as received.
- Participates in on board safety training, meetings and drills, as directed by the Captain, including fire, abandon ship, man overboard, flooding and medical emergencies.
- Adheres to Company’s policy on uniform, to promote company’s image, safety, and standards.
- Participates in shore side training as required by the company.
- Familiar with the ISM codes and requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with all duties under the company Safety Management System and Emergency Station Billet duties.
- Minimum 1 year recent cooking and/or food service experience.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and thorough; able to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently using creativity and initiative to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to get along with co-workers and support a team environment.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required.
- STCW Basic Safety Training preferred.
- STCW Crowd Management preferred.