Join us onboard our National Geographic ships in Alaska for the spring and summer!
Inside Passage SE Alaska
- Gustavus, Alaska
- $69.00 / day + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Steward is responsible for cleaning the guest cabins, and providing dining room service for all guest meals. In addition, the Steward will rotate into the galley and wash dishes and assist in food preparation.
- Experience with food service strongly preferred. (Comfortable with knives and food preparation)
- Experience with housekeeping, hotel industry, preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good customer service skills; professional demeanor, ability to use necessary levels of tact and courtesy.
- Detail oriented and thorough; able to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and creativity to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers and support a team environment.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required.
- Alcohol Server Training (OLCC) required.
- STCW Basic Safety Training preferred.
- STCW Crowd Management preferred.