Live at the Lake, Explore the Trails & Waterfalls, Be Minutes from a National Park, Work with a Great Team
Lemolo Lake/Crater Lake N KOA is an independently owned & operated campground in the heart of the Umpqua National Forest next to Lemolo Lake & just 18 miles N of Crater Lake NP. We offer full-service cabins, an RV Park, tent sites, boat rentals & a general store. The close-knit staff become like family to the owners, who work alongside the staff daily to provide a top notch guest experience.
Our own lake + close to Crater Lake NP. This area is breath-taking with Hiking, Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Boating, Swimming, Fishing, White Water Rafting, Water Falls, Hot Springs - its all here.
About Lemolo Lake/Crater Lake North KOA
We have filled all available positions for the 2022 Season. We appreciate and thank all those who have shown interest in helping us serve our guests for the upcoming year.
If a position reopens for the 2022 season, the position description will be posted under the jobs section.
Lemolo Lake/Crater Lake North KOA began in 1962 at Lemolo Lake Resort. It operated for many years as an average campground in a fantastic location very few people knew about. We purchased the campground in 2018 with a vision to make the campground match its location. While we've moved in leaps and bounds, we aren't all the way there yet. We need the right staff additions to help us take those next steps. We’re not interested in being just any campground. We strive for old-school camping as God intended it. Deep in the woods, under the stars, in a gorgeous setting with tons of nature-filled exploring all around. We want nature and natural, but not primitive. We want our guests to be surprised and delighted by the quality of the facilities and service they can get this far from anywhere.
We offer you both a rewarding work experience and environment along with an opportunity to explore this breathtaking area on your time off. A chance to make memories like no other! If you're the right fit, we also offer you a chance to join us year after year as we grow toward our vision.
The Employee Experience
We are an individually owned and operated campground that is part of the KOA family network of campgrounds. KOA has been in the campground business for nearly 60 years and is by far the largest and most successful privately held campground organization in not only the U.S. but the world. Being part of KOA provides us with a wealth of resources, tools & knowledge that can't be found anywhere else in the camping industry. Guests often ask us when they arrive: "What's a KOA doing way out here in the middle of nowhere?" - The answer is simple, to be your best, you have to affiliate with the best. To take that knowledge and experience and apply them to your own setting.
What does that mean for our staff? While you'll work for a campground with a small, close-knit team that grows close like a family, you'll also benefit from the proven operating methods and resources only KOA can provide.
The owners and our staff work hard to create an amazing experience for all of our guests. But we recognize that it's important to give our staff time to play as well. First, without the time to recharge and enjoy the amazing things that surround our campground, team members tend to burn out. Second, the more you know about the great places to explore, the cool things we offer at our campground, or the directions to a specific hiking spot, the better you'll be able to communicate them to our campers. When you can recommend something from your own experience and speak in detail about what to expect, it enhances their guest experience and provides that sense of community we all look for.
Therefore, in addition to employee perks we have more about in another area, we strive to give 2 consecutive days off each week to all of our employees so that they can do what they need to in order to stay energized and excited all season. So you have an opportunity to enjoy the things our guests get to enjoy, so you'll know from experience when asked.
The ideal candidate to join our campground team...
- Loves the outdoors and exploring what nature has to offer
- Likes the idea of living and working in a remote environment, often disconnected from the outside world
- Is not afraid to ask questions, but picks up concepts and routines quickly
- Is a person that can see needs in advance through observation of operations and guest interaction
- Has good communication skills, an outgoing personality and is friendly overall
- Looks for opportunities to enhance a guest's experience, to provide an unexpected level of service
- Is someone that is willing and able to see the next step in a process and then take it.
- Is willing to move from widely differing activities quickly and regularly throughout the day
- Has integrity
- Is honest
- Is willing to help, wherever help is needed
- Keeps safety in mind when at work or play knowing that accidents in remote locations can have more serious consequences
Room and Board
Because of the remote location of our facility, staff have to live onsite.
If you have your own RV, we provide a full hookup RV site at no cost and pay the utilities as an additional employee benefit.
For those without an RV, we have a limited amount of on-site living quarters that we supply at no cost and pay the utilities as an additional employee benefit.
Staff accommodations include 2 travel trailers with queen beds, kitchens, and bathrooms. Typically, one person is assigned to the smallest travel trailer and 2 people are assigned to the larger unit.
Linens and towels can be provided to any of the staff accommodations if requested.
- Free Use of rental kayaks, canoes, paddle boards or pedal boats during off hours (evening or days off - when available)
- Free Use of rental motorized aluminum fishing boats during off-hours (evening or days off - when available)
- Bi-weekly owner provided full staff dinners at one of the two restaurants within 15 miles of the campground for relaxation and to get to know each other better.
- Season-end bonus - $0.50 per hour worked bonus for completing your agreed-upon work season. The bonus rate is increased for returning staff.
- Pure water - Our drinking water requires no filtering or treatment of any kind. It comes out of the ground as clear and cold as a high mountain stream.
- Clean air & wildlife
- An opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and from all parts of the world as our proximity to Crater Lake NP brings in people from all over the planet
- Free DVD checkout and a small book library (the library is small, not the books)
- Competitive wages, with housing provided in a remote setting, provides a great opportunity for savings
Getting Here and Getting Around
In a word, our campground is remote.
Having transportation is a must since...
We are located approximately 80 miles east of Roseburg, Oregon and accessible via Highway 138.
There are no buses, shuttles or taxis to the area. The nearest commercial airport is about 2 1/2 hours away.
The nearest real grocery store and other shopping is 80 miles one way. There are convenience & dollar-type stores closer, but still 30-60 miles one way. The campground general store is very well equipped, but small & just can't carry everything needed over a full work season.
Finally, many of the places to explore are best accessed by vehicle to get to the starting point.
We also encourage you to bring a mountain bike. Road bikes will also work as there are plenty of paved roads you can ride, but there are many more places to ride a mountain bike.
Housing is provided on-site, so you generally won't need your vehicle while working. We have ample places to park vehicles on site.
Some of the fun things to do are covered in the Employee Perks section. We allow our staff free use of many of the things our guests pay for in addition to the following fun things to do:
- Swim in the Lake - Brisk in the spring and fall, refreshing in the summer.
- Playing with our camp dogs (both LOVE to play ball till your arm falls off)
- More hiking and mountain bike trails than you can do in a lifetime (but please try)
- 6 waterfalls within 20 miles of the campground to explore
- Crater Lake National Park & all its beauty & wonder is just 18 miles from the campground.
- A natural hot spring with rock tubs is just 10 miles from the campground.
- Periods of exceptional quiet, calm and serenity (usually nights and early mornings)
- One of the darkest and most beautiful night skies you will find anywhere - Professional photographers come to our campground specifically to photograph our evening, night and morning sky
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.