Take your adventure to the next level! Work in Homer, Alaska!
On the shores of the Kachemak Bay!
- year round
- Homer, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
About Land's End:
Have you ever thought of living and working in a beautiful natural setting? Land’s End is the ultimate place to work and balance life. Situated at the end of the Homer Spit, our staff experience the natural beauty of Kachemak Bay and mountains every time they come to work. Employees also experience delivering joy to our exceptional guests every day! Why not work in the type of atmosphere where you can make money and memories. Our wages are at the top of the industry and our employee benefits are designed with the internal customer at heart. From PTO (Paid Time Off) to 401(k) to steep employee discounts in our hotel, restaurant, shops, and fitness center, not to mention employee housing. Make Land’s End your place of work and adventure today!
Summary of Positions:
This position supports the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in both operational and supervisory functions. Such duties must be carried out in a professional, even-tempered manner, with flexibility and leadership applied. The line cook prepares and cooks food items according to Land’s End recipes and standards of presentation. The position is expected to communicate effectively with the Executive Chef, and to back up the grill and sauté chef, and to perform the roles of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II if necessary. All Kitchen positions are expected to pass a sanitation test.
- Set up cooking stations or workstations with all the necessary ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare and stock line station with all ingredients to PAR levels prior to opening.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef, direct Prep Level I and II staff to achieve efficiency in the kitchen.
- Prepare all menu items according to Land's End recipes, temperatures, and plating standards.
- Ensure freshness, proper rotation and storage of all raw products and ingredients.
- Maintain a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Possess Knowledge of all kitchen sauces and ability to produce them from memory.
- Produce daily specials, banquet foods or trays as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must enjoy culinary arts and working in and around food and kitchens.
- Must recall from memory all menus and recipes and precisely follow them. Must understand basic cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Must have ability to perform the responsibilities of Dishwasher, Prep Level I and II.
- Possess the ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously. and work under pressure.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, bend, squat and stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess creativity, and aptitude with knives and small kitchen appliances.
- Must be able to follow sanitation procedures and complete Kitchen sanitation test in 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks).
Stand for long periods of time.
Use of hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Repeat the same movements.
Walk or run for long periods of time.
Bend or twist body.
Ability to lift up to 75lbs.