Live and work in the Big Bend of Texas!
You can live in an oasis in the desert surrounded by mountains!
- Lajitas, Texas
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
MUST HAVE CURRENT LMT LICENSE WITH TEXAS
This position is not seasonal and is only open to year-round full-time applicants.
A massage therapist is responsible for treating clients through soft tissue manipulation while maintaining a safe and relaxing experience. The therapist should be good at perceiving client wishes and needs through spoken language, body language, and other cues and modifying their treatments accordingly.
- Must be able to perform Swedish, deep tissue, sport, prenatal massage, and hot stone
- One year of experience is required
Lajitas Golf Resort offers an exceptional benefits package:
- Low-cost housing and reduced cost electricity and utilities.
- Medical, dental, vision and supplementary benefits are available for all full time/permanent employees beginning after your first 3 months and paid time off after 6 months of full-time employment.
- All employees are eligible for discounts on rooms, services and retail products.
- Complimentary employee fitness center, employee laundry and employee swimming facilities
- Unlimited Golf in your free time, Horseback Riding, and Shooting Range Access.
- Discounted ziplining and local activities such as river trips through local outfitters.
- Provided lunch Monday through Friday at the Employee Cafeteria
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located on Highway 170 where the road bends to meet the Rio Grande which is 17 miles southwest of the junction of Highways 118/170 at Terlingua, Texas. The resort is tucked between Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park.
To put it in perspective, we are approx. 200 miles to the closest Wal-Mart in Fort Stockton, and 95 miles to the closest McDonalds or stop light in Alpine! We are here because we love the remoteness. No traffic, no big-city lights, creates an environment of peace and quiet and unsurpassed stargazing!
While a vehicle is not required at the resort with housing close to the facilities, a vehicle is useful for major shopping or outing trips to Presidio, located 55 miles southwest from the resort, or Alpine, located 95 miles north of the resort.
The Big Bend region is full of adventure and places to explore! Whether you want to hike the national and state park, or hike right out your front door on the resorts 27,000 acres! We also have river access so you can kayak, paddle board or just go swimming whenever you like! Like mountain biking? We have hundreds of miles of trails to explore. Like to play music? The eclectic town down the road of "Terlingua" has some restaurants and bars that feature open mic nights for local musicians!
There are more restaurant and shopping opportunities as close as 12 miles away. A full day trip could take in the Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Fort Davis, and its historical park and town; the McDonald Observatory; art, shopping, and the Sul Ross State University in Alpine; the Marfa Lights and the town of Marfa; and much more!