The Ultimate Big Bend Experience
Tucked away in Southwest Texas between the Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State lies the exquisite 27,000 acre Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa. This resort oasis is set among mountain vistas and the borderland majesty of the Rio Grande River. The resort is rich in Old West history and complimented by the rugged luxury and superior service of a first class hotel.
About Lajitas Golf Resort
Lajitas Resort is a 103 room resort with 18-hole golf course, spa, restaurant, saloon, 3 swimming pools, and a guest activity menu that includes shooting sports, equestrian riding, jeep rentals, stargazer dinners on site, and guided jeep and ATV trips with local vendors. We cater to a wide range of guests from celebrities to families and international clientele making it an exciting place to work!
Ideal candidate requirements vary by position but all positions have the following similar qualifications:
- Team Player
- Guest Service Oriented
- Reliable and Efficient
- Self Motivated and Self Starter
- Positive “Can-Do” Attitude Willing to Go Above and Beyond
- Independent and Capable of Working with Little or No Supervision
Full-Time/Permanent or Seasonal - we have positions that will fit a variety of schedules.
Room and Board
Low-cost private/unfurnished employee housing is available on site depending on availability and your needs. Depending on unit size, rents range in price from $47 to $175.00 (bi-weekly). Rents and electricity fees are payroll deducted. Once a month you are billed for 50% of the cost of electricity for your individual unit’s metered electric use (the company pays the other half). There are no other utility charges. Landline telephone, internet, and satellite TV services are available to you at your choice through local area service providers.
Please Note: Housing is for full-time employees. We do not offer dorm-style housing, however, employees can share a unit with a co-worker with both names on the lease agreement. These are stand-alone units and are not furnished so you will have to bring your own furniture and household items. A refundable housing deposit is required.
We are Pet-Friendly and there are fees and requirements so please contact us for details.
Lajitas Golf Resort offers an exceptional benefits package:
- Low-cost housing and reduced cost electricity and utilities.
- Medical, dental, vision and supplementary benefits are available for all full time/permanent employees beginning the first month after 60 days and paid time off after 6 months of full-time employment.
- All employees are eligible for discounts on rooms, services and retail products.
- Complimentary employee fitness center, employee laundry and employee swimming facilities
Getting Here and Getting Around
We are located on Highway 170 where the road bends to meet the Rio Grande which is 17 miles southwest the junction of Highways 118/170 at Terlingua, Texas. The resort is tucked between the Big Bend National Park and the Big Bend Ranch State Park.
To put it in perspective, we are approx 200 miles to the closest Wal-Mart in Fort Stockton, and 95 miles to the closest McDonalds or stop light in Alpine! We are here because we love the remoteness. No traffic, no big-city lights, creates an environment of peace and quiet and unsurpassed stargazing!
While a vehicle is not required at the resort with housing close to the facilities, a vehicle is useful for major shopping or outing trips to Presidio, located 55 miles southwest from the resort, or Alpine, located 95 miles north of the resort.
There are numerous activities including hiking, biking, rafting, and swimming at the resort or with our outfitters. There are more restaurant and shopping opportunities as close as 12 miles away. A full day trip could take in the Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Fort Davis, and its historical park and town; the McDonald Observatory; art, shopping, and the Sul Ross State University in Alpine; the Marfa Lights and the town of Marfa; and much more!
How to Apply
- We are unable to offer sponsorships to international students/workers. All international applicant inquiries must already have sponsors that meet current requirements.
- Upon employment, all applicants must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Pre-employment background screening and pre-hire drug screenings are required to qualify for employment.
Please submit an online application via the APPLY HERE button below. A completed application must be completed for employment consideration.
Lajitas Golf Resort, 21680 FM 170, Lajitas, TX 79852. Attn: HR Department Fax: 888-847-1464