We do accept applications and hire for seasonal employment. Our busy season runs Labor Day through Memorial Day but we are open year-round. Most of our positions are year-round with benefits and thus we hope you might also consider full-time employment with us.
Full-time, year-round dishwashing position.
The Culinary Department at Lajitas Golf Resort is looking for great line cooks and pastry cooks that want to be a part of growing the kitchens and outlets of this amazing oasis in the Texas Desert. We are opening a new restaurant in 2021, re-tooling the bakery, creating a new pastry program, we opened Lajitas Pizza Co, and we are building an organic garden to support our resort culinary operations with a farm to table approach and more. We cook under the Texas stars with cowboy style cookouts, run our own smoke house for our amazing BBQ and are opening a grab-n-go outlet to support the visitors here and at the National and State Parks. This is an exciting time for Lajitas Golf Resort and we want you to be a part of it! Not only will you have a great job with good pay and benefits but you will also have a quality of life with 2 days off per week and schedules that support a low stress work environment.
The essential duties and responsibilities for this position are:
- Clearing all used tableware and napkins from tables to tubs in bus station. Wipe table, chairs and clear debris and crumbs from floor areas surrounding table.
- Resets the tables in accordance with established standards in order to seat new customers as quickly as possible. Remove full tubs from bus stations to dishwashing area for cleaning, and maintain a clean, well-stocked and orderly bus station at all times in order to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Retrieve cleaned dishes, glassware and utensils from the dish room and distribute to each service station in order to keep a ready supply available for restaurant use.
- Sweep restaurant floors throughout shift to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive restaurant. Vacuum carpeting and mop hard floors at the end of each shift.
- Retrieve clean linens from laundry department at beginning of shift and during shift when necessary, and folding as specified by established standards. Stocking correct par levels in the service stations. Deliver bundles of soiled linen to laundry room at end of each shift.
- Retrieve items from stockroom, ensuring requisition is complete and correct. Stocking supplies in proper places, rotating stock at all times.
- Assist wait staff by refilling customer’s beverages and accommodating requests for additional condiments, food items or clean/fresh tableware.
- Keep ice stations filled at all times by carrying buckets of ice from the main ice machine and pouring into individual ice stations.
Keep a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Checks all restrooms periodically, alerting the Housekeeping Department if they are not clean or in need of supplies.
Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
As a key member of our hotel’s hospitality staff, our Front of House Manager must ensure the restaurant operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers, as well as effectively make use of downtime. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image. The Front of House Manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
We are seeking hospitality driven individuals that enjoy providing outstanding service for our guests. This position is responsible for cleaning guest rooms, public areas, private homes and offices on the entire resort property. Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays; have reliable transportation, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Seeking outgoing individuals that are team players, willing and able to speak with guests and members to provide exceptional customer service. Must be reliable, willing wot work nights/weekends/holidays. This position works independently in outdoor variable weather conditions.
How to Apply
- We are unable to offer sponsorships to international students/workers. All international applicant inquiries must already have sponsors that meet current requirements.
- Upon employment, all applicants must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Pre-employment background screening and pre-hire drug screenings are required to qualify for employment.
Please submit an online application via the APPLY HERE button below. A completed application must be completed for employment consideration.
Lajitas Golf Resort, 21680 FM 170, Lajitas, TX 79852. Attn: HR Department Fax: 888-847-1464