We do accept applications and hire for seasonal employment. Our busy season runs Labor Day through Memorial Day but we are open year-round. Most of our positions are year-round with benefits and thus we hope you might also consider full-time employment with us.
Full-time, year-round dishwashing position.
The Culinary Department at Lajitas Golf Resort is looking for great line cooks and pastry cooks that want to be a part of growing the kitchens and outlets of this amazing oasis in the Texas Desert. We are opening a new restaurant in 2021, re-tooling the bakery, creating a new pastry program, we opened Lajitas Pizza Co, and we are building an organic garden to support our resort culinary operations with a farm to table approach and more. We cook under the Texas stars with cowboy style cookouts, run our own smoke house for our amazing BBQ and are opening a grab-n-go outlet to support the visitors here and at the National and State Parks. This is an exciting time for Lajitas Golf Resort and we want you to be a part of it! Not only will you have a great job with good pay and benefits but you will also have a quality of life with 2 days off per week and schedules that support a low stress work environment.
Seeking individuals with general maintenance background, hospitality maintenance preferred and construction experience helpful. Individuals must be willing work nights/weekends/holidays, stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs as needed, work in varying environments including exposure to outdoor weather.
All Maintenance positions are NOT seasonal positions.
English speaking is required.
Please note: If you are applying for this position we strongly encourage you to bring a vehicle. There is no public transportation to or from the area locally, bus/train stations are located in Alpine, TX (90 miles one direction from Lajitas) and the closest public airport is located in Midland/Odessa (300 miles one direction from Lajitas). We do not provide transportation to or from Lajitas as part of your employment.
**All Maintenance positions are NOT seasonal positions.
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems.
- Helps investigate problems and perform maintenance and repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment including, but not limited to, heating, cooling, and ventilation systems, and refrigeration for commercial equipment.
- Locates, picks up and delivers parts required for department needs
- Checks and changes air filters on a regular basis
- Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs
- Assists with parts ordering and confirming receipt of orders and deliveries
- Administrative duties will increase with additional training and responsibilities as technician grows in skill
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of commercial mechanical and electrical systems, and blueprints is helpful
- Basic knowledge of HVAC principles and procedures and ability to repair systems
- Able to establish priorities and work independently for long periods of time.
- Skill with equipment, tools and materials required to perform the range of duties to complete the job
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects
- Willing to work a variety of shifts, holidays, weekends, evenings outside of normal working hours, when asked, in order to meet deadlines and meet commitments in a timely manner
- Follows all safety guidelines in the handling and management of equipment and duties
- English Speaking is required.
Supports hotel maintenance supervisor in maintaining livability and condition of rental units.
- General and cosmetic repair of units
- Resolution of plumbing issues
- Battery replacement for smoke alarms and TVs
- Delivery of luggage to and from rooms
- Bulb replacement
- Small maintenance issues
- Other related duties, as assigned
English speaking required.
All Maintenance positions are NOT seasonal positions.
Not a seasonal position and must be English speaking**
- Maintain daily cleaning of Candelilla restaurant, Thirsty Goat, and breezeway, etc. Including and not limited to windows, floors, fans, light fixtures, etc.
- Maintain as needed – floor polish in Candelilla and Thirsty Goat, Ocotillo, Breezeway, etc.
- Assist in all event set ups. Includes cleaning pre and post event, set up event items, etc.
- Reports maintenance issues to supervisor, front desk or maintenance department.
- Attend BEO meetings to understand exactly what is needed prior to each event.
- May be required to work outdoors cleaning the exterior of the rooms, condo’s or houses.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours if required
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Other Duties/Responsibilities May Be Assigned
As a key member of our hotel’s hospitality staff, our Front of House Manager must ensure the restaurant operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers, as well as effectively make use of downtime. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image. The Front of House Manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests and job satisfaction of staff, as well as the financial success of the establishment.
- Assist, lead and train service staff in the Candelilla Café.
- Upkeep and inspection of POS
- Assist in the inspection food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Assists in the development of Schedules for staff
- Assists in the hiring and coaching/counseling of staff.
- Inspects and taste prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Transport food and equipment to different venues on property.
- Assists in the training of staff to have superb customer service.
- Implement safe working practices to ensure safety of building occupiers and visitors as directed by management.
Bi-Lingual; English-Spanish speaking/written comprehension is a requirement of this position.
We are seeking hospitality driven individuals that enjoy providing outstanding service for our guests. This position is responsible for cleaning guest rooms, public areas, private homes and offices on the entire resort property. Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays; have reliable transportation, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Team players willing to pitch in to help in all areas as needed. RV Park Attendant position will work primarily in the RV office, assisting guests with check-in/out, reservations and day to day requests.
Housing is not provided, must have RV.
How to Apply
- We are unable to offer sponsorships to international students/workers. All international applicant inquiries must already have sponsors that meet current requirements.
- Upon employment, all applicants must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Pre-employment background screening and pre-hire drug screenings are required to qualify for employment.
Please submit an online application via the APPLY HERE button below. A completed application must be completed for employment consideration.
Lajitas Golf Resort, 21680 FM 170, Lajitas, TX 79852. Attn: HR Department Fax: 888-847-1464