Looking for motivated and experienced sales expert!
Located just one hour from Anchorage, Knik River Lodge is modeled on the immaculate backcountry accommodations of Europe or Canada. You’ll experience decadent meals and craftsman-built cabins.
- Palmer, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Dec 01, 2019)
The Reservations Sales Manager of Knik River Lodge is responsible for overseeing Reservation Sales & Operations, Front Desk & Activity Center Operations.
- Responding to and engaging with sales opportunities (reservations of cabins/tours/packages)
- Training and supporting reservations team members
- Developing and maintaining tools to be efficient and pro-active in lodge sales efforts
- Providing onsite leadership to seasonal Lodge staff
Reservations Sales & Operations
- Manage inventory and oversee group and rolling block allotments, inventory usage reports, and inventory release schedules according to wholesale contracting.
- Work to identify weaknesses and strengths within reservation system, reservation process processes and fulfillment to further sales growth. Develop related reservation techniques, training and procedures to facilitate efficient processes.
- Oversee primary communication channels (lodge phone lines & general email) and ensure timely and professional written and/or oral communication.
Front Desk Operations
- Daily management and distribution of inquiries to reservations and front desk staff. Monitor fulfillment and quality of responses. Provide corrective action to improve techniques used by reservations and front desk team members.
- Reviews reservations for accuracy, paying attention to special requests, add-on packages, and any necessary vendor confirmations for non-owned product.
Activity Center Operations
- Oversee the development of the lodge’s onsite Activity Center, including vendor relationships and activity product development.
- Maintain a clean and tidy space for both guests and activity vendor use.
- Staffing of Activity Center desk during peak guest hours.
- Maintain guest library, DVD selection, travel resources (maps and activity brochures)
- Promote onsite tour and activities sales as well as onsite food and beverage offerings
Private onsite Housing can be provided.
We are small lodge about an hour from Anchorage, AK at the end of a newly paved road. Our onsite amenities include 3 heli-pads, close proximity to large glacial field, trailheads, mountains, the popular Farm to Table Raven's Perch Restaurant, and beautiful "Colony Room" Event Space.
We are open for full service seasonally, May-September. Being a growing lodge, we are working on winter activity expansion as well to include aurora viewings and limited cabin rentals.
How to Apply
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to General Manager Lars Larson.