Embrace the big mountain lifestyle!
We are looking for people who are as passionate about skiing/ riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend.
Kirkwood is located in the Tahoe region, deep in the Sierra Nevada range. We are known for deep snow, strong community, and plenty of adventure.
About Kirkwood Mountain Resort
We’re famous for incredible snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those who come to Kirkwood come for adventure, and it’s second to none.
Our unique location atop the Sierra Crest combined with elevations ranging 7,800 to 9,800 feet create a little something we like to call the K-Factor – a geographical predisposition to receive the lightest, the driest, and the most plentiful snow in the Tahoe region. With 2000 feet of vertical drop, and over 2300 acres of terrain from calm groomed beginner runs to hair raising cornices, cliffs and the most high angle grooming around, there’s something for everyone at the 'Wood.”
Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. Come work and play in Kirkwood!
Making a Difference
Everything we do at Vail Resorts is driven by the spectacular natural environments where our employees, guests and communities live, work and play. In the summer of 2017, Vail Resorts announced its Commitment to Zero - zero net emissions, zero waste to landfill, and zero net operating impact to forests and habitat - all by 2030. Learn more here.
The Employee Experience
Kirkwood is for those who embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We're famous for incredible snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those who come to Kirkwood come for adventure, and it's second to none.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
To further prioritize the health and safety of our employees and guests in response to COVID-19, we have re imagined the resort experience for the summer and winter seasons. Our approach to safety will be consistent across our family of resorts to provide you with a familiar and comfortable experience regardless of where you decide to start your Experience of a Lifetime. Click here to learn more.
EMPLOYEE PROTOCOLS & TRAINING
- All employees are required to wear a face covering and follow the company’s safety protocols and procedures at all times, including regular hand washing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment and Personal Protective Gear.
- Employees will receive COVID-19 protocol training from your department leaders and local Health & Safety on your first day.
- Employees will undergo daily health screenings and receive appropriate training to ensure safety.
- Employees are required to stay at home if sick.
- Employees who are off work and engaged in recreational activities on our resorts are expected to follow our requirements for masks, physical distancing, and sanitizing protocols
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. We want you on our team!
Room and Board
Employee housing is available and is based on the hiring department’s discretion. Many employees also live in Gardnerville, NV, or South Lake Tahoe, CA and take advantage of our FREE daily employee shuttle from South Lake to the mountain!
DOING WHAT YOU LOVE COMES WITH GREAT BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY:
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Daily $5 employee meal in addition to other food & beverage discounts
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits plans (full-time positions) after achieving 750 hours with the company
- 401(k) retirement plan employer contribution after achieving 750 hours with the company
- Access to our employee assistance program giving you 6 free face-to-face counseling sessions per issue, per year
- Training and professional development
- BIG Gear discounts with our retail partners such as Helly Hansen, GoPro and many more!
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
Kirkwood is out of the way but the reward is well worth the effort of finding it. Top things to do in Kirkwood include:
- Expedition: Kirkwood guided backcountry tour to Thunder Bowl
- Sunset dinner at The Wall Bar
- Women’s two-day camp with the Expedition: Kirkwood team
- Backcountry adventure to Emigrant
- Dinner at The Kirkwood Inn
- Two-day Private lessons for two
- Lunch at Sunrise Grill
- A day of CAT skiing with Expedition: Kirkwood
- Sunset snowshoe tour in Kirkwood Meadow
- Cross Country adventure up to Schneider’s Camp
How to Apply
Summer is right around the corner, and there are currently several employment opportunities for the season. Apply online!