Take your culinary education to the next level
Embrace the big mountain lifestyle!
We are looking for people who are as passionate about skiing/ riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend.
Kirkwood is located in the Tahoe region, deep in the Sierra Nevada range. We are known for deep snow, strong community, and plenty of adventure.
Jobs in the Spotlight
About Kirkwood Mountain Resort
We’re famous for incredible snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those who come to Kirkwood come for adventure, and it’s second to none.
Our unique location atop the Sierra Crest combined with elevations ranging 7,800 to 9,800 feet create a little something we like to call the K-Factor – a geographical predisposition to receive the lightest, the driest, and the most plentiful snow in the Tahoe region. With 2000 feet of vertical drop, and over 2300 acres of terrain from calm groomed beginner runs to hair raising cornices, cliffs and the most high angle grooming around, there’s something for everyone at the 'Wood.”
Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. Come work and play in Kirkwood!
Making a Difference
Everything we do at Vail Resorts is driven by the spectacular natural environments where our employees, guests and communities live, work and play. In the summer of 2017, Vail Resorts announced its Commitment to Zero - zero net emissions, zero waste to landfill, and zero net operating impact to forests and habitat - all by 2030. Learn more here.
The Employee Experience
An office you can brag about - work and play where others vacation! Time to obtain your Experience of a Lifetime!
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. We want you on our team!
Room and Board
Employee housing is available and is based on the hiring department’s discretion. Many employees also live in Gardnerville, NV, or South Lake Tahoe, CA and take advantage of our FREE daily employee shuttle from South Lake to the mountain!
- Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount ski coupons for extended family and friends
- BIG Gear discounts with our retail partners such as Helly Hansen, GoPro and many more!
- Free Ski & Ride lessons
- Discounted lodging
- Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining
- Free wellness screenings
- Health club discounts
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
Kirkwood is out of the way but the reward is well worth the effort of finding it. Top things to do in Kirkwood include:
- Expedition: Kirkwood guided backcountry tour to Thunder Bowl
- Sunset dinner at The Wall Bar
- Women’s two-day camp with the Expedition: Kirkwood team
- Backcountry adventure to Emigrant
- Dinner at The Kirkwood Inn
- Two-day Private lessons for two
- Lunch at Sunrise Grill
- A day of CAT skiing with Expedition: Kirkwood
- Sunset snowshoe tour in Kirkwood Meadow
- Cross Country adventure up to Schneider’s Camp